• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JRL

[car_upgrade] My Project

Henry Yorke

post-3457-1298770742_thumb.jpg

A pic from the Curborough trackday

Anthony
thanks Dave, the rack was from an old member on here that crashed his rally car so i just took it straight from his car that had a rear ender but had to remove it again because one of the arms was flopping about and replaced that. maybe this rack used to have power steering or maybe its a mk1 version? i heard the mk1 racks were a bit quicker. Heavier but i love it! it feels a bit more like a mazda mx5 steering where its really responsive.

All Xsara VTS racks were power-assisted, although the Mk1 VTS's had a quicker (less turns lock-lock) rack than the Mk2's.

If you look at the photo of the rack a few posts up, you can see where the mounting point for the ram has been cut off, and where the hydraulic outlets have been disconnected.

I had a quick drive of James's car a few weeks ago when I swapped his beam over for him, and the rack was much lighter than I was expecting - it's too heavy to let your granny drive it I admit, but it was fine for bumbling around and not significantly heavier than a conventional 3.2 turn de-PAS rack IMO. Given that I was only driving around the London streets I didn't see how it weighted up when pressing on, but the quick rack felt good and makes a standard non-PAS 205 feel like a bus by comparison.

JRL

A pic from the Curborough trackday

My favourite pic! a 205 being driven like it should be.

Arahan

Did you get the head light protectors off ebay?

omega
100_0315.jpg

is that a boot tray or something?

dont think ive ever seen one before.

Arahan

They were an official accessory as far as im aware

JRL
Did you get the head light protectors off ebay?

no mate i got them from euro car parts for £30 they are pretty much identical to the peugeot ones.

JRL
is that a boot tray or something?

dont think ive ever seen one before.

I think theres some kicking about but iv only seen one on ebay. i was lucky and found it in a scrap yard near me.

JRL

Next on the job list is a standard exhaust to replace my magnex system, a couple of reasons im doing this is because 1.i prefer a more subtle noise and not wake the neighbours 2. my ss backbox is sticking out too far and looks ugly. 3 i like the pea shooter style compared to big bore its more retro.

100_0603.jpg100_0640.jpg

Tom Fenton

A stainless system doesn't have to have a chavtastic tailpipe, which of the cars in this picture has a non standard system fitted to it do you think??

205sJuly001.jpg

omega

A stainless system doesn't have to have a chavtastic tailpipe, which of the cars in this picture has a non standard system fitted to it do you think??

the white one?

JRL

the white one?

I would also agee but it could still be a grpN, hard to tell

Tom Fenton

Neither have standard exhausts, both are stainless with subtle tailpipes, white car home made from Jetex boxes, red car is a Magnex with the rocket launcher tailpipe cut off and replaced with something that looks vaguely like the standard item to an untrained eye.

Strictly_Derv

really like this! What did you use to get the spot lights yellow?

JRL

really like this! What did you use to get the spot lights yellow?

The yellow lights look really french, you can buy them made by denji already in yellow and imo as good as the siems, what you could do is buy some clear yellow lamp filter paper like the over head projector type sheets you can find in photography shops or art shops maybe, cut it to size and stick them inside the glass.

JRL

Im back on the 205 scene! when I get fed up of my 205 I tuck it up safely in the garage and leave it. I leave a battery saver sending a pulse now and then to keep the battery conditioned and today after 5 months I started "TOY" up again and got the 205 bug back. Now on with the jobs list!

JRL

Today I have made a start on re-locating the washer bottle to allow more room for my Mi16 air filter. If anyone has any pics of what they have done to make the job neat id like to see them. :) Cheers.

calvinhorse

Top work very cool car :)

• Like 1

JRL

All wired in now and I used an old broken scuttle panel to remove the section for it to see if its fits over the bottle.