• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JRL

[car_upgrade] My Project

JRL

Loads of room now for the larger air filter plus the battery is already in the boot so i may look into some kind of air box. If anyone has any ideas please share them with me. My throttle response was very restricted by that horrible old cheap ebay mushroom filter i squeezed in behind the headlight. toys2.jpg

JRL

I have been fitting a few base model parts to keep things comfortable yet stripped. I removed the centre console and fitted the gearstick surround and underside heater vents.

toys1.jpg

Edited by JRL
  • Like 1

JRL

I have made a start on an airbox, I have a universal box and running an airduct with funnel down to the front valance. I used a silicone 90 degree reducer and hopefully it will all fit.

Olie_205

that is one clean engine bay! :) loving the project mate

JRL

RichP kindly sent me these 309 rear beam plates, I hammerited them gold.

beamplates.jpg

• Like 1

JRL

Safety devices rear cage. I relocated the battery to the back using a Mazda Mx-5 cable iirc from member Kate205gti, I have yet to fit the master cut of switch.

rearcage.jpg

Edited by JRL

JRL

Today I also fitted an oil filler tower with the gauze removed from member Jrod.

JRL

I was going to fit a third buffer mount using a standard buffer. This forum gave me a better idea and I was advised to use a 306 gti6 mount so I wouldnt have to drill into the shell. I cut one half off and it was a perfect fit.

3rdbuffer.jpg

• Like 1

JRL

The car has been sat for nearly a year. I took it for an mot and it failed on several small issues.

o/s wishbone ball joint play

n/s wishbone ball joint cover

blowing exhaust

split cv boot

loose steering rack gaitor

rear fog not working (corroded connectors)

These have now been rectified and today I fitted this cut off switch I have insulated ot well and used rubber p-clips to secure it. I think I will try and make up a plate or bracket.

Edited by JRL

JRL

Large%20Banjo.JPG

I was never happy knowing that the original 6mm gti fuel banjo was still on being, I have now replaced it with the larger 8mm mi16 banjo from pug racing.

Edited by JRL

JRL

I found a dent free chrome strip off a 1.1 205 in the scrappy known to be a bit stronger than the red ones. I got it home sanded it down and managed to put a slight kink in it which was annoying but I sprayed it up and it should take the stone chips a lot better.

JRL

I am going down the minimalist route, I have blanked the cd player recess off and now the clock. My clock works and so it probably deserves its place in a standard car. I may look out for another base model and use the ashtray blank and coin tray like Anthony did.

IMG-20121101-00034.jpg