• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

[car_overhaul] Reshell, Restore And Rebuild

welshpug

I was about to mention the lambda boss :lol:

damien

where did you get the billies from in the end?

pugpete1108

off a company on ebay, £113 delivered.

she will be back on her wheels soon woo hoo

pugpete1108

well she is back on her wheels again. i got all the inner arches painted and undersealed yesterday and fitted all the nice new bits on today.

im hoping it settles a bit as it looks kinda high on the front, even with the arches fitted, but to be fair i havent got any fluids in it and there is no bumper, inlet mani or rad etc fitted so it may be ok.

looks good on the back though :)

IMG_0040.jpg

arches:

IMG_0048.jpg

damien

pin stripping FTW :D

are you keeping the nimrods? they look good but would be better back or grey

pugpete1108

Yeah not sure on the wheels yet. Two need a refurb really.

Pinstripe is going mate sorry

gruffa

Thats just behind where I used to live..... :)

pugpete1108

Thats just behind where I used to live..... :)

proper dodgy area, quite supprised the car is still there tbh..........looks for something wooden to touch :lol:

must update this thread soon

Edited by pugpete1108

gruffa

proper dodgy area, quite supprised the car is still there tbh..........looks for something wooden to touch :lol:

Yeah, it went down hill a bit when they knocked the flats down over Stanhope and moved them into the flats. :unsure:

Suprised they haven't burnt down the garages yet, there was allways kids setting fires in the play area behind them flats.

gruffa

At least I know where to go for a free Pug.... :lol:

damien

At least I know where to go for a free Pug.... :lol:

:lol:

pugpete1108

Yeah, it went down hill a bit when they knocked the flats down over Stanhope and moved them into the flats. :unsure:

Suprised they haven't burnt down the garages yet, there was allways kids setting fires in the play area behind them flats.

oi i grew up in them flats (stanhope ones) :lol:

i hardly see anyone when im over there working

and if you can get the car to start and run for long enought to steal it then be my guest :)

gruffa

oi i grew up in them flats (stanhope ones) :lol:

i hardly see anyone when im over there working

and if you can get the car to start and run for long enought to steal it then be my guest :)

Obviousely i'm not tarnishing everyone with the same brush, but they moved a woman with 2 kids into the flat next to us and all of a sudden there was loads of strange people hanging about, and within 2 weeks of them being there, our little girl (who was 2 at the time) walked through the car-park and picked up a used needle....

needless to say I wasn't impressed :angry:

james_pug

How've you got on with this recently Pete?

pugpete1108

How've you got on with this recently Pete?

engines back in and running (sprung a few leaks tho) i have driven it out of the garage whilst sitting on an upturned storage box as a seat.

been cracking on with the bodywork but tbh ive given up with that as its gonna need a full respray :unsure:

basically where it was blown over before they did a real shoddy job , when i was trying to rub back the laqeur peel on the roof i went straight through to primer and when i masked up the wings to stop them getting scratched; i pulled off the tape and the paint came with it on the passenger side. along with the doors and bonnet needeing doing i guess it makes sense to have it all done.

so at the same time im gonna replace both wings with new ones i have from the matte shell along with the doors and auto bonnet and weld up the trim holes on the quarters, boot etc

its become a bit of a mission really, just gutted i got rid of the matte shell as i could have just resprayed that instead. oh well.

so the plan now is finish off the interior (sound deadening etc) and get it taxed and mot'd then save up for a full respray.

actually i was speaking to a bloke in the tattooist (dominic) who does spraying out at brenzett who knew you. big fella he was

pugpete1108

Obviousely i'm not tarnishing everyone with the same brush, but they moved a woman with 2 kids into the flat next to us and all of a sudden there was loads of strange people hanging about, and within 2 weeks of them being there, our little girl (who was 2 at the time) walked through the car-park and picked up a used needle....

needless to say I wasn't impressed :angry:

oh i fully agree there were and still are some proper skanks over there and over here, im on nine acres now and beleive it or not i prefer it to stanhope by a mile.

i just keep the door shut and forget about em.

we lived over netown for a couple of years and that was hell, pikeys living above us etc.

gruffa

oh i fully agree there were and still are some proper skanks over there and over here, im on nine acres now and beleive it or not i prefer it to stanhope by a mile.

i just keep the door shut and forget about em.

we lived over netown for a couple of years and that was hell, pikeys living above us etc.

Yeah, I deliver to stanhope sometimes and it feels like there is a hundred eyes watching me :ph34r:

Do you live in the flats down the bottom by bybrook barn then??? not to bad down there is it?

pugpete1108

the ones opposite the cemetary, yeah not too bad really. could be much worse

gruffa

the ones opposite the cemetary, yeah not too bad really. could be much worse

Used to walk that way to the Dr's when we lived in the flat, nearly moved down there a few years ago, didn't seen to bad.

james_pug
actually i was speaking to a bloke in the tattooist (dominic) who does spraying out at brenzett who knew you. big fella he was

I know who you mean he works on the railway lol he talks alot of s*it, his mate sprays cars though and is quite good not sure where abouts he is though.

That's a shame most of the paint work didn't seem to bad, I can't be to far off finished can it? Mainly interior?

pugpete1108

I know who you mean he works on the railway lol he talks alot of s*it, his mate sprays cars though and is quite good not sure where abouts he is though.

That's a shame most of the paint work didn't seem to bad, I can't be to far off finished can it? Mainly interior?

yeah most of it is pretty good, ive redone the roof but the colour is quite off given its mettalic. with the wings and bonnet and doors its just a little too much to leave it a sit is.

im going to town with the interior with regards to wiring and sound proofing etc. fitting remote locking and extra courtesy lights etc.

just the wiring thats holding me up at the mo as i want to get it all right before i fit the carpet and deadening.

he quoted my £500 for a blow over which seems ok.

gruffa

Used to walk that way to the Dr's when we lived in the flat, nearly moved down there a few years ago, didn't seen to bad.

Is there electricity in the garages or do you have to do everything in daylight hours?

pugpete1108

no leccy mate, got some 12v lights which are ok.

pugpete1108

little update:

done loads but not had chance to get any pics, i did however get my rear panel redone today and the refurbed badges stuck back on.

looks pretty good apart from the tiny crease in the panel which bh is barely noticable.

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

refurbed badge:

DSC_0884.jpg

james_pug
he quoted my £500 for a blow over which seems ok.

That's cheap be good to see how good it comes out, at the rate your going you'll have it on the road before I get my 1.9 back on the road!