• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tom_xl

[car_upgrade] 205 Tu 1.1 > Gti6 Conversion

tom_xl

Yeah I agree with you really Anthony, I'll give that a go, bought them a long time ago but you never no they might be nice about it! The moral of the story is don't buy 2nd hand coilovers on ebay thinking you're getting a good deal!

Paul_13

I wouldn't be too happy cutting it off and rewelding due to the oil inside the shock.

Also the tab will be one sided.

tom_xl

Good point, cheers for the advice Paul.

tom_xl

Unfortunately it looks as if I'm going to have to give up on this project and sell all the bits I've got. I've been thinking about this for a while and I'm not sure I can quite afford to get it done, and even if I did it's looking unlikely that I'll be able to afford the insurance to actually use it. Basically as it stands most of the interior is stripped, safety devices 6 point roll cage is fitted, Mi16 engine and gearbox are fitted with most of the pipework done (all the wiring needs to be done but I have it all). I also have loads of parts for this like fuel tanks, lights, interior trim etc etc. I will post it in the for sale section and if I get decent interest I will split most of the stuff and sell it all (I'd rather keep the shell as a rolling shell though). However, if I don't get much interest I'll have to keep it and put it on hold for a while. I do love this car so I don't want to see it all go cheap to be honest.

Anyway that's how things stand, a bit gutted really but there we go...

tom_xl

Car is being broken and sold on ebay. Moderators please delete this thread.