• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTIJIM

[car_overhaul] Project Eddie

GTIJIM

with a little mod i forgot i did lol, stops rattling things in the glove box and also looks nice :D

309hftt.jpg

and in

21d3g49.jpg

mkhvkn.jpg

next up was the centre dash, don't know why the switch surround looks lighter, in person its the same colour :)

fjggwg.jpg

and the top cowl/ dials back on

rjnw4o.jpg

decided to tidy up the coin tray as it has all rotted inside so from this

6yl26q.jpg

to this

5yw58l.jpg

n207pd.jpg

not as shiny as in the pics :)

the rest of the dash re-assembled

6gbqs5.jpg

and then centre console

w6yusx.jpg

GTIJIM

also got this replaced

14qvb6.jpg

with this

15exmxf.jpg

and stuck the other switches in :)

2m6jzo5.jpg

and finally the finished pics :D looks much smarter in my opinion :) also no screws or clips left over :D

5fhoh3.jpg

2lac207.jpg

207udl5.jpg

just got to fix the split on the glove box as it doesn't sit right and change the heater vents as they are both different colours lol

GLPoomobile

Liking the updates :) My only constructive criticism is you really need to lay off the "lol"s :ph34r:

What happened to the white GTI you were tinkering with before? And the AX? Still only 16 and on to your 3rd car? :blink:

• Like 1

dcc

Lovely attention to detail, looking very good.

Can I point out, I hate it when people miss the 2 nuts and bolts from the lower centre console which bolts it to the upper centre console!

• Like 1

GTIJIM

Liking the updates :) My only constructive criticism is you really need to lay off the "lol"s :ph34r:

What happened to the white GTI you were tinkering with before? And the AX? Still only 16 and on to your 3rd car? :blink:

i do tend to say it a lot :)

im actually on my 24th car, i used to buy and sell them to make money and as a hobby but now ive got this one for keeps ;)

the 205 ended up being a cut and shut so this happened

23l032o.jpg

33e1jd1.jpg

6zbsli.jpg

full story here for anyone that has a few hours :D

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=210447

GTIJIM

Lovely attention to detail, looking very good.

Can I point out, I hate it when people miss the 2 nuts and bolts from the lower centre console which bolts it to the upper centre console!

unfortunately the centre console doesn't have the studs in it to bolt the nuts to :( im going to have to get it some small nuts and bolts to secure it properly :) its annoying me too as it just sitting there not attached to anything :)

allye

im actually on my 24th car

:o I thought I was doing well on 9 cars at 21. Whats up with the AX? looks really tidy?

• Like 1

S@m

Good job wrapping the window switch surrounds, i have tried painting mine but have never put enough effort in to make a good job of it! Usually just do a quick spray whilst i have the doorcard off for something else...Think i'll wrap them next time.

Sam

GTIJIM

:o I thought I was doing well on 9 cars at 21. Whats up with the AX? looks really tidy?

the ax is tidy body wise but as soon as you look underneath its like a sieve :( 4 holes i the boot one in the engine bay and two above the petrol tank :( otherwise it was a nice car.

Good job wrapping the window switch surrounds, i have tried painting mine but have never put enough effort in to make a good job of it! Usually just do a quick spray whilst i have the doorcard off for something else...Think i'll wrap them next time.

Sam

thanks :) it does actually look quite smart really not too in your face :)

GTIJIM

update :)

picked up a set of 1.6 GTI seats yesterday thanks again td_dan :),the drivers seat is the same as most 1.6 drivers seats pretty much knackered but the rest are mint just need a little clean :D

so heres the old nasty granny seats

rrr1gy.jpg

24ph4d1.jpg

fronts out

23m8rps.jpg

and then the rears, first the base

2rr4780.jpg

and the backs :)

2hhpz43.jpg

291n9ev.jpg

after a quick clean the new ones went in :)

ei5b1f.jpg

2i10fhh.jpg

then the passengers seat

2iqjnl2.jpg

and the drivers

f42zyg.jpg

Edited by GTIJIM

GTIJIM

you can see the extent of the damage in this one

339ob2h.jpg

will be looking out for another drivers seat soon or maybe a passengers and swap the bases over :) so with that in mind i bodged the current drivers seat by spray painting the yellow foam black :D

ige1py.jpg

cant see it outside now :)

m10ua.jpg

then changed the peugeot steering wheel badge

2hcndci.jpg

to a GTI one :)

2h68zsh.jpg

how i left it for today

160emc4.jpg

1zw1yc4.jpg

2yw8kqw.jpg

will get it all cleaned properly tomorrow :D also when doing the seats i noticed a leak :(

umrn5.jpg

seems to be coming from behind the dashboard anyone got any ideas?

2cps5ec.jpg

GeorgeXS

May be wrong here but possible heater matrix, does it smell like coolant? Also check the top of your radio as they often get leaked upon if its heater matrix.

• Like 2

GTIJIM

May be wrong here but possible heater matrix, does it smell like coolant? Also check the top of your radio as they often get leaked upon if its heater matrix.

ill have a proper check tomorrow but i don't think it is as it only happens when it rains and it doesn't use water :) its very annoying though as the carpet is soaked now :( happened in my old GTI as well but i never did find out the problem :(

GeorgeXS

Hmm I see, well the hole in the scuttle panel for the air vents is directly above the passenger footwell, I wonder if that can leak in some way?

GTIJIM

it could be that ill have a look tomorrow hopefully its an easy fix :D

GTIJIM

right not a lot done recently as i have been fixing a few electrical problems on a Clio 172 ( now officially hate them)

fixed the leak in the passengers side turned out to be a dodgy windscreen seal, put some silicone in there and now no leak :D which should save my floor!

planning on lowering it tomorrow if the weathers good :) only cutting the springs for now as i cant afford lowering ones yet, plus its not like its going to be driven anywhere on them lol, would around 50mm be too much on a 205?

will get some pics tomorrow :D

allye

would around 50mm be too much on a 205?

Yes! I urge you not to cut the springs. Put up a wanted thread people always have old springs kicking about willing to sell them for next to nothing. I have some old lowering ones, apex i think in a mates shed you could have for postage but in the wrong county <_<

• Like 1

GTIJIM

oh right may go 35mm then :)

its never going to be driven on the cut springs as i know how dangerous they are just to see how i looks, before i go on the road (about 6 months) i will be getting proper lowering springs and uprated shocks all round :)

Edited by GTIJIM

allye

Thats alright then! yer 35mm is a lot more sensible. much lower and it starts to hinder the handerling...... I'm no expert though. (I just stuck on what other people use!!!)

GTIJIM

my brother went 35mm on his old red GTI and it looked great so 35 it is :D

GTIJIM

Quick update the 205 is now low :) though I over shot it in the rear end so will have to raise it slightly :) will get pics up later

GTIJIM

right then picys :D

heres the back done, had a bit of an issue with one of the torition bars as it had seized in :( all sorted though and it eventually came out after nearly a whole can of WD40 lol though as you can see its a bit too low :( will get this sorted when the weather is a bit nicer

ab0jb.jpg

xfohhd.jpg

2zi8r45.jpg

gonna scrape lol

and then i moved onto the fronts which were a complete PITA as every nut and bolt was rusty :( got it done in the end though but it took hours so this is how i left it on day one.

nqaf79.jpg

today i got the other side done and cleaned every nut and bolt :) then lowered to the floor, this is the result :D

nl7xj6.jpg

1492v88.jpg

68zdy8.jpg

1nxrpv.jpg

2s0yg4x.jpg

when i raise the back a bit i think it will look a lot better :D

Leet205

Chopped springs? think of the potential nun/kitten deaths!

GTIJIM

lol i know thats why it will never be driven on them :) just to see what it would look like really plus the springs are knackered anyway so no loss by cutting them :D

GTIJIM

finished stripping the ax today, looking very bare now :(

2ng4g7m.jpg

vi0gnd.jpg

Eddie is looking smug though lol

33liaae.jpg

i have asked the new owner to send some pics when the ax is race ready which ill post up here :D

Edited by GTIJIM