• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Justin181

Oil Filler Location?

Justin181

Hi guys.. can anybody tell me or show me a picture of where the oil filler bolts onto? Just bought my gti and it has no oil filler housing.. so ordered one but not sure where it attaches to.. thanks , justin

Anthony

Assuming this is an original 8v engine, it attaches to the distributor side of the inlet manifold by a single M6 bolt. The engine will run like a bag of spanners if that bolt is missing btw as it creates a big air leak.

Justin181

Is it just a normal bolt? Because by the looks of the picture of the filler it has a bracket on bottom side of it and like a u bracket on the top?

welshpug

no its a rubber bobbin with a stud on each side, I have vague memories of a vauxhall fuel pump mount being similar, cavalier possibly.

Tom Fenton

All the ones I have seen bolt straight to the inlet manifold with an M6 bolt.

Ignore the "U" shape mount, its not used on the 205 GTI. Assumedly the same plastic filler tower was used elsewhere.

Anthony

All the ones I have seen bolt straight to the inlet manifold with an M6 bolt.

This, all the 205/309's I've seen have been an M6 bolt.

The small rubber bobbin and nut arrangement was used on late 1.6/1.9 8v engines in ZX's though, at least judging from the 3/4 that I've seen, and no reason it wouldn't fit a 205 I can see.

welshpug
1439 10
ELASTIC BRACKET
DIAM 6X100-13

should be on every XU with the aluminium inlet.

not marked nfp and under two quid!

ALEX

The oil filler must have been an afterthought on the Gti. I remember spending ages once trying to figure how that hook on the neck was supposed to reach the throttle housing and still bolt to the inlet manifold. :wacko:.

Justin181

So just a normal m6 bolt will be fine?'

Anthony

So just a normal m6 bolt will be fine?'

Yes, M6 bolt and largish washer will be fine. The rubber bobbin setup Welshpug mentioned is a nicer way of doing it though.

Dylanmowat27
On 6/23/2017 at 11:46 AM, ALEX said:

The oil filler must have been an afterthought on the Gti. I remember spending ages once trying to figure how that hook on the neck was supposed to reach the throttle housing and still bolt to the inlet manifold. :wacko:.

i did the exact same when putting mine back together... :lol: