• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ian010778

Stock Mixture Screw Setting?

ian010778

Hi all,

I'll be taking the top off my AFM tonight as I tested it with a multi-meter recently and got some very different results to those described here http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles/e3-injection.html Most alarmingly I didn't see any change on the meter when moving the door inside.

Whilst it's off the car I want to remove the idle mixture screw and give it all a good clean too.

Is there a recommended base setting for when I replace this screw please?

I appreciate I can't set it properly without a gas analyser, being able to take her out for a drive and that every car is different but it will be done properly when it gets MOT'd. However in the meantime, while I'm just starting her now and again on the drive as I move her in and out of the garage and stuff I'd like to be in the right ball park - so is there a recommended number of turns of the idle mixture screw that I should be looking at before I put the AFM and the rest of the bits that are currently on my kitchen table all back on the car at the weekend please?

I should add that the mixture is already way off as I have tried playing with this screw before I fully understood what may be causing the idling issues and the last time it was looked at professionally it was set up to run with a defective SAD, blocked throttle body and knackered ECU temperature sensor so I'm not worried about losing the current setting.

Thanks all and look forward to hearing your replies.

Ian.

Standard 1989 1.6 205gti (XU5JA)

Sign in to follow this