Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

2.2 8V Hdi Timing Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Richie-Van-GTi

Richie-Van-GTi
  • Drivers
  • 2,290 posts
  • Name:Richie

My relay van has the old 2.2 8v hdi lump in (2002), flywheel has been replaced at some point and now does not have a hole that lines up for timing. Ever since I have had it the timing has never sounded quite right and its a bit flat. Is the timing performed at TDC on these? I am planning on doing it with a mdti if I can get the correct info. T.I.A

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,024 posts
  • Name:Mei

they're pinned at the back near the driveshaft not the front like most XUD/DW10's.

they are only 104 bhp in a 2 ton+ van, so they'll never be particularly quick!

Richie-Van-GTi

Richie-Van-GTi
  • Drivers
  • 2,290 posts
  • Name:Richie

I know where the hole is ;) (sounds a bit ominous) the problem is the flywheel does not have a corresponding hole. I know it will never be quick, it just doesnt rev freely / cleanly. Its as if its a bit retarded. If I know its TDC when timed then I will just dti it through the injector hole and be sure its all correct.