• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

blandy

Omex 600 Wiring Gti6

blandy
th_7152C57A-1F22-4EE2-96E2-AEA2A40704C1_

blandy

Also just thought i have a xsi coil pack in my garage so will give that ago as that'll rule out any issues with leads etc.

blandy

I've had another look and had the spark plugs out to watch for spark and there all firing, I've also done same with injectors and they all fire also. But still it sounds a bit rough (could be mapping)

But still same if I unplug 1 or 2 it makes no audible difference yet 3/4 pretty much stop the engine

Anthony

Are the throttle bodies balanced?

blandy

No not yet.

Issue is I'm torn between a genuine issue or whether it's a issue that needs sorting by mapping. I just can't understand how if I unplug the lead or the injector it makes no audible difference yet unplug 3 or 4 and it dies.

j_turnell

I would balance the bodies as either way it needs doing, mine sounded bloody awful until they were balanced up.

blandy

Yes but I don't have the tool to balance them and the mapping is £90 a hour and is a hour away so don't want to go all that way and that cost to find out it's not that.

Unless someone local to aylesbury knows what there doing/has the tool? Obviously happy to pay something for the trouble

blandy

Just looked and tool isn't as expensive as expected at about £40 so definately worth getting one to try rather than find its not that at £95 a hour

• Like 1

blandy

508979C7-A5AF-4CF3-9401-828D39890623_zps

New gasket was fitted but wet Inbetween all cylinders.

Edited by blandy

welshpug

id just trailer it down to sandy if he has a slot tbh, imo its well worth the trip down, he charges per session rather than hour typically.

welshpug

he will do it all from balancing the bodies to checking cam timing (which you wont need, as he's done it on that engine)

Anthony

No not yet.

Issue is I'm torn between a genuine issue or whether it's a issue that needs sorting by mapping. I just can't understand how if I unplug the lead or the injector it makes no audible difference yet unplug 3 or 4 and it dies.

You'll almost certainly find that the 'bodies aren't balanced and 1+2 are flowing less than 3+4 - hence dropping one of the cylinders on 3+4 impacts running so badly compared to 1+2, because they're doing most of the work.

Out of interest btw, how come you're only running on the outer injectors and have the inner injector bosses blanked off?

blandy

ive got a sycroniser on its way to test but i would say they defiantly need doing as you can tell that 3/4 are definitely sucking in more air by placing hand over the trumpets so hopefully it may be the issue but last time i had bodies it was all done and installed by miles whereas this time ive done all alone so could well be something silly like the balancing (fingers crossed). Ive also got a new gasket on its way as the one fitted is very thick compared to the other gaskets ive used previously so just trying to eliminate all options.

The omex can only run one set of injectors unfortunately and this is how miles set up my old set on my 306 when i had that with a satchel manifold. I would of gone with dta to try running 8 but ill be using Northampton motorsport to map as there about the closest to me and did a good job for me last time and omex is one of there preferred ecus hence the choice to go omex

Id love to take it to sandy but he is a 9 hour round trip and tbh the map ive uploaded is the original map i had on my 306 so should only really need tweaking for the cams etc so hoping its not going to be a expensive day

welshpug

9? naaah, 8.

:lol: worth it though.

dcc

When I fit the inlet gasket I now smother it in grease, makes a lovely seal to the mating faces!

By smother I mean just enough to make it tacky :D

blandy

ill give it ago. Ive had to order some mi16 gaskets which i believe were what Mei actually had fitted previoucly as couldnt get a gti6 inlet gasket - well only one i could find was the same i have now.

9? naaah, 8.

:lol: worth it though.

Id have to make that a weekend away lol

Id love to take it to him i really would but for just this its a bit much. If i ever go down the 2.1-2.2 route (big dreams) then i would use him without a doubt

blandy

Right my scncrometer has turned up. ive done some google research but any idea what figure i should see/set bodies to on when adjusting?

Anthony

From memory, somewhere around 5.0-5.5 is in the right ballpark depending on idle speed etc. Obviously all four cylinders should be identical!

Tom Fenton

Don't worry about the number, just get them all equal.

Idle speed is governed by the opening of the bodies but also ignition advance plays a big part. Your mapper should set this up when you have it mapped.

welshpug

Make sure all the bleed screws are all the way in, use the throttle stop to open the butterflies slightly.

dont forget to re-set the throttle stops in the ecu once done, also you will probably need to tweak the throttle arm to get proper W.O.T.

blandy

yeah i just want to get them all the same and see if it improves and if so get it off for mapping asap certainly wont be using it/driving it until its been properly mapped

blandy

Had a play this weekend and made some progress.. My fault was a bit stupid really. First off checked the bodies to find 3/4 were reading around 7 on the meter and 1/2 reading around 2-2.5 so massively out. I tried adjusting them on the grub screws to find a turn either way didn't actually make any difference (vid on YouTube suggested a 1/4 turn would make a difference so didn't want to go to mad). Sat head scratching for a while again and then the fault was obvious.

When building up the bodies I fitted the lever into the clip and bolted them on. What I failed to realise was the clip actually has adjustment on it so one pair were a little open compared to the other hence the issues I'd been seeing. So adjusted that to get both sets reading similar and made a huge difference. All read around 7 now so decided to leave as is and let the mapper adjust when on the rollers.

• Like 1

blandy

How accurate do people find the omex with the standard water temp sensor?

I can be reading around 4-8deg different from my omex when connected to laptop to my digital dash? I'd like to think my dash is more accurate with it rubbing off a brand new sensor but does it normally read true on the omex?

j_turnell

Mine sits at around 80 on the gauge with bx clocks when the Omex reads 90. Just installed some race tech gauges, been waiting on a 1/8" npt adapter. Should find out over the weekend what that reads with the matching sensor.

blandy

Ah that's brilliant thanks. Hopefully it is the omex over reading via the standard sensor as means the car isn't getting really hot. I'm going to make some ducting to the rad to help as looking at it there's big improvements to be made there