• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Neil205

Fitting New Fuel Lines

Neil205

So just got a replacement new set of steel fuel lines for the 1.9. Fitting wise do I just disconnect the battery first and undo the clips on the rear of the car underneath were the rubber ones meet the steel and drain the rest of the fuel at this point ? Fit new ones then pump the accelerator pedal a bit whilist restarting after ? Not much in the Haynes manual on this topic .

Thanks

welshpug

fire it up then pull fuse 14, closest to the driver.

engine will then stall as youve pulled thr fuel pump fuse, fuel lines will be de-pressurised.

have some rags and a clean tub to hand to catch any spillage.

doesn't matter what order you do the rest in.

dont forget that you need a new olive for the high pressure feed side at the bulkhead between the hard line and the bottom of the fuel filter.

when finished just refit the fuel pump fuse, turn tge ignition on snd off a few times to prime the system snd it should start fine.

pumping the pedal is a carb thing.

Simes

Avoid doing it on tarmac as you'll melt it with spilt petrol.

Neil205

Thanks guys , finally got round to doing them today wasn't as straight forward as one brake cable snapped when pulling out old fuel lines , had to replace that too , car started back up fine though after few attempts . One more job done ..

Leslie green

Was looking at mine yesterday after this post ,they look proper rotten too !, looking at bmbaker the lines come with olives already on so you don't need anything else is that correct ?

Neil205

I went for the baker bm ones as they are perfect fit instead of buying pipe and bending it myself . You need an olive though , and I used some new jubile clips for rear end connection to rubber ends . It's not easy job , fiddly in engine bay when the rusted bolt wouldn't budge at first ..

Leslie green

Thanks Neil , what size /type olive did you get ?

Edited by Leslie green