• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuartcampbell1100

The Big Engine Swap! 306Td!? 205Dturbo

stuartcampbell1100

HI Everyone ive just motd my 1991 peugeot 205 dturbo 5 door in red!,after a few weeks the head gasket went so ive decided its time for an engine swap ;)

it has a 1769cc turbo diesel engine ,no intercooler!

My plan is to pick up a secondhand peugeot 306 d turbo engine with the enginemounted intercooler?

i do a fair bit withs cars so im not shy for a big job haha

what i was wondering is

does everything line up?

which gearbox is best?

driveshafts??

do i need to fabricate a downpipe exhaust?

what other things do i need to change? i hear the power steering from 205 wont fit with 306 diffrent set up??

with he intercooler ,will it fit under my bonnet?is it worth putting a vent in the bonnet?

any of your help would be fantastic!,any guides out there?,anyone done it ?? Thanks ,Stuart :D

post-21528-0-75294800-1367059322_thumb.jpg

omega

cant help but will watch with intrest as i was going to do this bought the 306 but had to scrap the 205 as it was to far gone

so make sure you do a build thread

good luck

BERTMAN
welshpug

Its a very easy conversion this one, as the block head and and turbo elbow are the same, everything sits in the same place.

use the original downpipe.

use the turbo gearbox, fit the 205 mounting stud, fit 205 diff as the TD diff is the big type, 205 shafts don't fit properly.

use the 205 clutch arm and fit a bx 16v clutch to the 1.9 TD flywheel.

use all the 205 cooling hoses, will need to swap the rear water housing to the 205 one.