• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craigb

Christmas / New Year Projects

Craigb

Don't know if a post like this has gone up recently or not , but my list is like this

Remove gearbox

Replace the flywheel for a 2.0L 406 one ( cheers Colin Satchell for supplying)

Replace the clutch to suit the flywheel ( supplied again by Colin)

Replace the ATB lsd for a plate diff (supplied By AB motorsport)

Refit the box

Fit the Trigger sensor

Wire up the ecu to accept the coil pack and new sensor

Fit the new thermostat housing ( supplied by PugTorque)

Set up the ecu for the new trigger signals

Cross fingers and hope all works out for the best.

Then find an expert navigator for next season , and go and win my first Road Rally

steve@cornwall
Don't know if a post like this has gone up recently or not , but my list is like this

Remove gearbox

Replace the flywheel for a 2.0L 406 one ( cheers Colin Satchell for supplying)

Replace the clutch to suit the flywheel ( supplied again by Colin)

Refit the box

Fit the Trigger sensor

Wire up the ecu to accept the coil pack and new sensor

Fit the new thermostat housing ( supplied by PugTorque)

Set up the ecu for the new trigger signals

Cross fingers and hope all works out for the best.

Then find an expert navigator for next season , and go and win my first Road Rally

I have now!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=330197949935

ORB

What the bloomin eck do you want that for Steve?

Stu

Lol..

Ive got to fit my cage, move the battery to inside, fit a cut off switch, try and sort my n/s rumble out..

Batfink

borrow some front hubs and move my car to its new home, strip the shell so its ready for the rollcage. Theres loads to do but I doubt i will be bothered over christmas

steve@cornwall
What the bloomin eck do you want that for Steve?

My son is 17 in march. Sorting this one means I can sell the '98 Arosa I bought ( Costs more to insure than my gti FFS) That pug is a 1.1 3 door non sunny with 8 months tax for 40 quid :D :D :D :D It's stuck in gear so probably linkage probs - used daily 'till then. Hey - I can always send the tax back and weigh it in :blush:

jackherer

I have one or two...

Currently there is a totally bare 205 shell that has just had a cage welded in that needs the cage and floor painting then complete assembly from parts.

I have a Xantia V6 that needs a new engine/transmission fitting following an engine failure, this has been outstanding for ages for various reasons but the new engine is almost ready to go in now so hopefully it will be running again soon.

Then there is a nearly complete track prepped 205 shell that just needs a 16v engine/transmission and drivetrain installing and then connecting to the custom stack dash etc.

I also have another nearly complete 205 that just needs a 2.0 turbo engine and gearbox fitting and also some sort of interior needs to be arranged.

I need to swap the wishbone bushes and rear beam mounts on my 205 at some point between other jobs.

All the parts I need are here, except for the minor bits and pieces, so its just a matter of getting on with it now...

Ryan

Raise the stupidly low rear suspension a bit so that it doesn't rub the arches whenever anyone sits in the back. Something I've been saying I'd get round to since 2005.

Alastairh

I have a few:

Helping a mate do a 8 valve engine swap tomorrow. We have all the parts and a warmish workshop so should be in and out driving within a few hours.

Need to do the same as above for my Sorrento 8v which i blew the old lump. Plus a bit of tidy up, few niggles and re mot the car and get it fit to sell.

My tigra is all running properly after the longest head swap i've done mainly lack of time plus other projects. But got it all running properly last weekend. Runs like a dream, so just a case of wacking the aux belt on for pas and alternator, and a full valet and shall be getting a replacement mot.

Then my Turbo. I've not started on the new shell, just collecting parts, but a few of the parts need modifcations which will take up alot of time, plus need to get my diff serviced, do the loom etc...

Also i really ought to change the cambelt on my new 1900 205 and chuck a couple of spare paradas on before i take it for a trip to Scotland later next month :blush:

Busy busy busy...

CaptainK

I have a Xmas / New Year project, it goes like this:

1) Relax and sit back in the warm whilst Jonnie205 does my GTi6 conversion, along with brakes and suspension etc. :blush:

2) Panic and cry lots at spending so much money over the xmas period. :D

3) Realise its only money and I can't take it with me. :D

Oh and I also have to wash / vacuum my FTO and also fit my airhorns to it. :D

Dan Ingram

I've got to strip my front end down clean it up and paint it ready to re-fit with lower arm poly bushes, polybushed anti roll bar bushes, diy coilover kit, full baker engine mount kit and new calipers. Then i've got to relocate the battery to the boot and get the back end lowerd.

Also got to sort a couple of little niggles on the Golf so I can get that sold. Once i've done that I can find something cheap to run about in and order my seats for the pug. Busy crimbo for me :blush:

Alan_M

Huge list for me.....

My Miami needs....

The new beam built and fitted (306 ARB, ZX arms hopefully etc).

Rebuilt and converted steering rack to 2.5 turns lock to lock.

New wishbones, bushes, TRE's, droplinks, front ARB bushes, front 309 ARB to be fitted.

Hubs with stud conversion.

Braided brakehose installation, with bias valve, new MC, refurbed calipers front and rear.

Oil Cooler.

Buckets welded in.

Poly windows fitted.

De-sunroofed.

May well convert the front struts to coilovers too.

Change the doors (rusty).

A few other bits and pieces like 2nd rad fan, couple of oil gauges, battery in boot etc.

Oh and an MOT :blush:

And....

Fix the other 205's and sell them.

Finally sort the overheating problem on the 306 and sell that!

Get the Bimmer remapped, once its had its service :D

Edited by Alan_M

Tom Fenton

Hope to get the saved from the scrapyard 1600 GTI MOT'd after finishing off the last niggles.

sutol

Not touched my 50quid project car for three weeks :blush:

Going to start over holidays with a homemade quickshift and modify tunnel for Mi exhaust, then new years resolution is to finish it quick and then rebuild TVR taimar (in bits) and build an 8v track car on carbs.

No decorating next year then :D

luggy

Trying to find the time to transfer the front suspension, subframe and power steering and front struts from my cat b 1.9 write off onto to my 1.6 Mi project and vice versa because its at the bottom of the garden and needs to be mobile.

Strip and solder and fit Mi16 loom, top end to be put back on the MI when funds allow me to buy a bloody headset and ancils, put back together the MI and 1.6 gearbox which Ive managed to interchanged parts to make a working good box, purchase bearings and seals once funds allow.

Going slightly off topic

Just out of interest Craigb why are you opting for a plate diff instead of ATB?. I was thinking of getting an ATB but if you know something I dont, I'd like to know! :blush:

Edited by luggy

mickie

i've got to finish welding up a couple of spall holes on the underside of the car, paint it with redoxide then some white paint..

make as many carbon fibre and fibreglass parts for my car as possibe

make a cage and dash, make my skyline4 pots work and just clean everything up and paint them ready to go on my almost perfect shell

ajm-e30

i gotta finnish stripping the interior on the bm and other bits n bobs on it

Bonzai

my aim is to fix up the accident damage, so i will be changing the passenger door and wing, so front bumper will be coming off too, which is handy as my rad is leaking too i think. Im going to need some welding doing too i think, then get it through an MOT and pray to god that not having engine numbers on the Mi will not cause problems getting it through a VIC test.

If only it wasnt so bloody cold :blush:

Atari Boy

paintedbottomend.jpg

Here is mine, rebuilding the 1.9 lump that I got from Ash.

That should keep me busy.

All Praise The GTI

time to get that dirty jonny!

Edited by All Praise The GTI

Atari Boy

Yep, I am looking forward to it - hoping all goes to plan.

ajm-e30

also gotta try and do my engine swap before the new year

Peetypug

where do i start :P

empty garage to find all my tools

fit my worktop at the back of the garage

remove engine from 309 gti

strip it down

make 1 good engine out of the 2 i have and fit it (after i respray my engine bay)

fit r1 carbs,regs and braided fuel lines

fit new master cylinder,servo and braided brake lines

rebuild my rear beam

weld the hole in the floor under my rear seats

i think that will do for the 11 days i have off as i have to get pissed as well

daveyboyblack

Thought I had loads to do, but by the sounds of it i'm distinctly underworked this Xmas!

Current list is:

- Change brake discs, pads, and fluids.

- Finally sort the exhaust out... prob going back to standard, or order a Stainless one from DES.

- Swap the sump over to the baffled one I got from Anthony, with all the associated fun bits... like welding the new pickup (could be interesting!).

- Source some tyres that hopefully don't wheelspin in third quite so much.

- Refit original bumber and wire in some fog lights.

- Refabricate the drivers seat mount forward.

- Wire in another fan with thermo switch

- Remove the amp and speakers.... apologies to Edd-Xs :ph34r: who I bought the car off as I'm sure it must have taken a while to put them in!!

- Remove any other bits of trim that I find.

- Finish cleaning and get rid of the 2 rust patches that i've uncovered.

I've got a trackday booked for late Jan, so at least i've definately set myself a deadline. :P

Oh, and sell the other 205 1.6, or the list will get much longer as i'll be breaking it!

Has anyone else got hardly any holiday over the Xmas period? I've set myself lots to do in my new house, apart from the list above, but just remembered i've only got 3 days holiday booked, plus gotta fit in the usual family stuff :P

James_m

Take the engine out and fit my new inlet cam and better condition hydraulic lifters.

Got to get hold of a better starter motor and alternator. Some new kind of reangled exhaust manifold that fits the shell better.

Hopefully i wont be feeling too tight and invest in a quick rack, or try another PAS rack i have to see if it reduces the play.

Probably have to repaint the front panel and some of the engine bay to keep the evil rust away.

I'll get some new O.E wishbone bushes on it too.

And i better get another beam on it sooner rather than later.

Oh, and my cheapo clutch is slightly suspect and too juddery.

All i wanted to do was cam it! :P

Plan is to be done before after January and before March.....

Sign in to follow this