• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ftoomsh

Omex 500 Map Xu9J4

welshpug

a good start, Colin Satchell does some trumpets that will fit those, better to get a proper flange and clamp those bodies on firmly too, ditch the silicone bits.

throttle cable routing is a little easier if you turn them over, colin does a nice throttle quadrant to replace the non-linear bike one too.

• Like 1

ftoomsh

the bodies do not move the bodies butt right up to the inlet and are solid. (the rubbers have a a slightly raised inner ring that both the bodies and the inlet butt up to and luckily are a perfect fit, came off a passat!)

i was hoping to keep the standard quadrant and mount the original mi16 quad to it .... that way i will retain the throttle stops that seem to cause a few issues!

how much are the trumpets? does colin have an online shop??

petert

What are you going to do about the oil filler/breather and the dipstick?

ftoomsh

That is work in progress... not sure yet will have to search this forum to see what others have done. I will probably find a way to secure the dipstick to either number 1 or 2 inlet tract.. what are your thoughts.?

JeffR

I secured the dipstick with a bracket between 1 & 2 manifold runners & on to the throttle body. The oil filler is mounted to the gearbox/starter upper bolts with the fill hose cut & a piece of alloy pipe fitted to give the extra length.

post-8655-0-41869500-1391029054_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ftoomsh

I was thinking of something similar.. thanks

ftoomsh

a good start, Colin Satchell does some trumpets that will fit those, better to get a proper flange and clamp those bodies on firmly too, ditch the silicone bits.

throttle cable routing is a little easier if you turn them over, colin does a nice throttle quadrant to replace the non-linear bike one too.

I have emailed colin on 2 occasions now and have had no response. Do you have a telephone number for him?

welshpug

drop them a PM on facebook, tigger dave looks after that side of it, they are pretty busy at the moment.

ftoomsh

well this little project appears to be transforming into one a bit bigger than initially anticipated!

after a couple of days priming, I have successfully gained authorisation (from my in-house financial director), to purchase a PeterT stage 2 cam..... wooo hoooo!

ftoomsh

so i was going to use a ford dis coil pack but due to plug lead issue have now changed the coil connector plug to fit an xu coil pack.

i have now installed a set of 50mm ram pipes and am set to drill the air filter base plate to suit.. (any tips here boys would be greatly appreciated)

Throttle quadrant sorted and a new throttle cable purchased to suit as as existing cable was about 6 inches short. just needs fitting.

few pics here.

20140306_213646.jpg

20140306_213628.jpg

20140306_203644.jpg

welshpug

Nice trumpets, where from?

C-A-D* will help with making the backplate, often in a 205 with them pointing up a bit you will need to offset the backplate down to give a bit more height clearance.

*Cardboard Aided Design.

• Like 1

ftoomsh

trumpets came from danst eng... £99 delivered.

50mm fitted, they also do 90mm..

unariciflocos

I really like those ram pipes, did they also come with the rings that they mount on?