• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ftoomsh

Omex 500 Ecu. No Spark And Dry Plugs?

ftoomsh

Hi Guys.

Well after fitting gsxr itb's and omex 500 ecu with new loom I went for an attempt to start.

sadly it wouldn't.

The ecu came off a ford but I did change the cps settings due to the different number of teeth on the trigger wheels.

I then uploaded the base map that omex sent to me and again she wouldn't fire.

I checked for a spark ... none.

all the plugs are dry too. Which would suggest no fuel being squirted in...

any ideas gents??

welshpug

ecu showing crank signal?

ecu getting power? injectors and coil powering up?

Edited by welshpug

ftoomsh

Crank speed was approx 130 rpm I think.

Ecu powered up but not sure about injectors...how do I check that?

allanallen

Check it's switching the relay for the coil and injectors, just look for power going to the thin wires at the relay, you'll hear/ feel them click though. I'd also imagine the fuel pump should prime when you switch the ignition on.

ftoomsh

Ok will check that. Fuel pump is wired separately from ecu but is definitely priming!

Might have to check tomorrow though as need to entertain the kids and the bride today... ????????????????

Edited by ftoomsh

allanallen

Is the fuel pump just on a switch then? It won't prime if it's not wired through the ecu.

By priming I mean the ecu should switch the pump on momentarily when the ignition is turned on. The pump then goes off and doesn't start up again until you start turning the engine over.

ftoomsh

Yeah pump comes on with ignition switch and stays on. (Iriginal in tank pump)

welshpug

it should only come on for a few seconds, is it wired to an ecu trigger or just ignition?

ftoomsh

From memory (built the car 9 yrs ago) just ignition switch but it wouldnt be an issue to wire to ecu

Harni

If its a omex built loom, you will have 2 relays. 1 is to the fuel pump and 1 is for the coil, lambda and injectors. The 2nd for the coil etc should be fused at 25a but they never mentioned that in the install manual so you find a lot of people just use what they can find. Check the fuse for it (if there is one at all!), Renew and see if the relay is energising.

ftoomsh

Yes it is a brand new loom from omex. It was for the 600 ecu but they converted it to suit 500 ecu (ecu connector plugs are different). I did see a relay (but only 1) but I wasnt sure what it was for... so will check again.

Thanks!

Edited by ftoomsh

ftoomsh

Just checked the loom and there is only one relay. It looks as though it is for the power to the ecu it self as it has the main power wires going to it that are labelled ignition and battery??

allanallen

If the loom is new from omex there should be 2 relays, the ecu will not be powered through a relay either, your fuel pump will also not be wired through the ignition switch?!

Looms from omex are very easy to install, everything is labeled and there's only a few wires to connect. I suggest you get the instructions/diagrams off the omex website and go through the wiring checking everything is where it should be.

It sounds to me like it's not fitted properly as there's obviously still some of the old wiring in powering the fuel pump etc.

Harni

Ah actually, my omex loom only had one relay. I needed to add my own for my fuel pump which they could of done for about £30 but it was just easier for me to do lol

Either way, it will have a minimum of 1 relay and that 1 will control the coil, injectors and lambda.

ftoomsh

Definitely just the one relay.

Allan I will go back and double check the install guides but yes the loom is very self explanatory due to being labelled up clearly.

ftoomsh

Wiring all check and correct as per wiring diagram in the destructions.

The fuel pump / injector relay is energising and we have power leaving the relay.

I did notice tonight that there is a red led on the ecu itself that lights up for approx 10 secs when the ign is switched on. Is this normal? Can't find anything on this in the destructions.

still no spark :-((

welshpug

got it hooked up to a laptop to see if the ecu can see crank yet?

ftoomsh

It was showing about 153 rpm

ftoomsh

any ideas on the red led on the ecu itself??

• Like 1

ftoomsh

I have been in touch with Omex and slowly norrowing down the issue.

The main relay is not switching with ign. And therefore not providing power to where ever it should.

Managed to get a spark and a brief moment of life when bridging the relay..... so getting close to a start up.

The red LED signifies what the auxiliary output is doing..

Once sorted I will fit the PeterT stage 2 cam then I will be looking to fit some xsara vts rear arms and a g/box refresh then off to Mikeanics for a mapping sesh!!

Cannot wait!

ftoomsh

As the saga transpires it would seem that there habeen mistakes made in the loom.... just waiting for a full solution form Omex.

I must say that they have been most professional and extremely helpful.

T. B. C.........