• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Harni

Omex Lambda Issue

Harni

Hi guys,

Right when i had my car mapped, i wanted the lambda control on for the vague hope it may help with the emissions test. The guys turned it on but warned me that it may hunt slightly at idle due to the fact on the Omex you can only set it to a max response time of 120ms which means by the time the lambda has acted, the fuelling is different at the injectors - so basically, it can never keep up unless the lambda is right up at the manifold.

Now my car has run fine normally except for the odd day here and there where it will hunt on idle but today was one of them days and I'm a bit fed up of it. So, if i was to turn the lambda control off by setting the response time to 0ms, would it effect any of the other fuelling or spark tables? As far as I'm aware its completely independent so should be ok to just turn it off but just wanted to make sure. Then i can just turn it on for the MOT.

Cheers