• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anulfo

Weber Alpha Ignition Set Up

Anulfo

Okay so I'm running a 205 on carbs. The running and reliability issues of carbs are well documented so I won't go too much into that. My question is would setting up and running and reliability issues be sorted by going for something like a weber alpha bronze ignition set up?.....

welshpug

quite unlikely given the ignition systems are pretty reliable, and the issues are caused by the carbs.

as an aside to that there are far more user friendly systems than weber alpha, s40i for example.

stu8v

If your running a dizzy chances are its worn out by now...

Gains to be had in terms of reliability and consistency.

My mates ran ok on a dizzy but could only be setup reliably to 5500rpm once mappable ignition was fitted the full 7500rpm was available.

Anulfo

I'm guessing once you've factored in all the relevant costs etc the you are really heading towards the ITB's route as the solution?

Miles

Omex 200 and no doubt other's out there, I;d never touch Weber although very helpful on the phone when I have dealt with them but the lack of support for it is the main issue and it's very old now too

rallyeash

I used to have 45 webers on my old mi16 with DTA S40i. Full throttle was good but part wasn't brilliant but that was more down to the carbs I had.

boldy205

With a mappable ignition system you will have a much smoother driving setup, and most likely a pit more power than if you have a dizzy setup. I know this first hand as have done it.

A lot of it I feel is the person setting it all up.

stu8v

The base map on rhe omex is pretty much bang on apparently.