• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johniban

Gti6 205 Omex Wiring

johniban

How have people wired up the crank sensor for Gti6 engine for an omex 600 ecu?

the standard gti6 crank sensor has a three pin plug but the omex 600 loom i have has a two pin connecter, is this meant to be for a trigger wheel set up?

can you get a two pin standard sensor or do i need a trigger wheel set up?

also....

fuel pump wiring, i know i need to wire a relay but the output needs to get to the pump obviously, does the thick white wire on the muliplugs go to the fuel pump?

also...

air temp sensor, where do you fit this or does it not matter about it?

welshpug

the standard gti6 crank sensor has a three pin plug but the omex 600 loom i have has a two pin connecter,

fit a 3 pin plug.

fuel pump wiring, i know i need to wire a relay but the output needs to get to the pump obviously, does the thick white wire on the muliplugs go to the fuel pump?

yes, you need to feed 12v to the relay too.

air temp sensor, where do you fit this or does it not matter about it?

in the filter backplate.

johniban

got it off a lad off here miles, its one from you i think

johniban

Not running a filter or back plate so cant mount air temp sensor there,

i could change the plug but the shielded lead only has two wires so not sure how i'd wire up the gti6 crank sensor plug?

i no longer have the 205 fuel pump relay or wiring as im using a standalone ecu, just going to fit my own relay but i mean the output from the relay can i just run that to the multiplugs, what i mean is does that thick white wire from the small multiplug go straight to the fuel pump?

allanallen

The white cable on the car side of the brown multi plug does indeed go to the pump via a fuse.

The ecu only uses two cables for the crank sensor. the third is the shield and goes to earth from memory.

Mount your air temp sensor to where ever the engine draws it's air from.

Edited by allanallen

johniban

ive contacted omex regarding the crank sensor but i spose i only need to know what wire to wire up to witch pin

welshpug

you can figure that by reading the manual

johniban

yes the black screened red is the signal, the other wire the earth, but need to find out the pins on the 3 plug engine connection

johniban

quick bit of research looks like pin one is signal wire pin two is earth and pin 3 not used

welshpug

sounds about right, if you had shielded wire the third pin would be connected to sensor ground.

Well worth having the wiring diagram and manual on your phone ;)

johniban

yeah think i need to download it

petert

I find the attached file a useful resource. I always forget the pin outs. It doesn't matter which way you connect pins 1 and 2 as it's an AC signal. There may be a small difference in the base timing, which is easily corrected with the software and a timing light.

SENCSA5.pdf