• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RossD

Cam Breather, Mot Failure?

RossD

If I were to shove a small filter on the top of the breather outlet on the top of the rocker cover, would it fail the MOT? The car has TB's and so it's not as if I can plumb the breather back into the induction system!!

Cheers

Ross

Jrod

Never has for the 3 cars that I've put through mots like it.

base-1

The likelihood of you failing for it/the tester noticing/the tester giving a crap is probably miniscule, but strictly speaking it is an exhaust gas and has to go through the exhaust system. Just leave it tbh

RossD

Cheers chaps, I'll put one on and hope for the best then!

boldy205

you could just put a pipe on the cover and run it down the back of the engine, the MOT person wont even notice then, thats what i did with mine.

RossD

I was thinking of doing that too, but none of the local factors had an pipe of the right diameter!

arnold naber
you could just put a pipe on the cover and run it down the back of the engine, the MOT person wont even notice then, thats what i did with mine.

That does the trick in the netherlands... i use a oi catch tank i take of the little filter nput a hose on it and it vanishes between the rest of the pipes

RossD

Well my little K&N breather filter arrived just in time for the MOT and it flew through!

allanallen

Good news matey, how did it look on the omisions? (i have no idea how to spell that..)

RossD

CO was 2.3% and HC were 314, waaaay within target. Limits are 3.5% CO and 1200 HC's)

Sign in to follow this