• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ALEX

The 50 Most Popular Classic Cars – And What They’Re Worth

daviekiwi

that must be lowest mileage 205 gti in uk?

Gaz205

Shame about the colour ????

speno

Are you 38 grand poorer ? :D

Mere pocket change lad ;0)

Leslie green

that must be lowest mileage 205 gti in uk?

Apparently so and certainly the most expensive yet , not likely to put on any miles either, straight back in the carcoon till the next sale Id think ! Putting any miles on it would devalue it !

u47sb2

What I find frightening is that 10 years ago you could have bought 10 of the very best 205s for £38k! Changed days!!

Gaz205

As I keep getting told about mine....

The number plate is in the wrong place!

jackherer

I spotted that too but presumably it is the original number plate and therefore fixing it would reduce the value...?

wicked

That must be hell..... Spending 38k on a perfect 205, but not able to trash it over local/mountain roads, because every time you do that, your conscience will tell you lost a grand in value... :(

Gaz205

I spotted that too but presumably it is the original number plate and therefore fixing it would reduce the value...?

To me it's neither here nor there, to some it's worse than strangling a kitten in front of a child ????

It'll need a new front bumper then to cover up the horrors behind the plate, I wonder if a wanted ad will appear on here?

jackherer

To me it's neither here nor there, to some it's worse than strangling a kitten in front of a child

All that matters is how it's seen by the sort of person that spends £38k on a 30 year old car.

Anthony

All that matters is how it's seen by the sort of person that spends £38k on a 30 year old car.

Or putting my cynical hat on for a moment, how they believe it'll be seen by the person looking to spend £40k+ when they subsequently sell it...

Leslie green

Given auction fees etc they would need 50k for it to make any monies !

Gaz205

I must admit I'd love to drive it to see how good (or bad) if feels being so low miles and looked after .

pugdamo

I must admit I'd love to drive it to see how good (or bad) if feels being so low miles and looked after .

I'd love to put an MI16 in it.

• Like 1

jackherer

Or putting my cynical hat on for a moment, how they believe it'll be seen by the person looking to spend £40k+ when they subsequently sell it...

Haha yes, but that just means you need to insert the new number into my sentence!

I'd love to put an MI16 in it.

I mentioned the sale of this 205 for £38K to a friend of mine who said if he bought it he'd be looking for a similar condition BX 16v then he'd rip both apart and make one good one out of them!

• Like 1

ScoobyJawa

5.7k miles and look at the wear on the drivers bolster!

acox99

Just pull the speedo cable out the box, raz it around and put it back in. Job done.

AlexRS2782

Problem is though - someone with more than enough money will probably end up buying it at some point. Just look at all the similar era Ford Cosworths that are also hitting that level (or higher) nowadays.

I'm sure I've said it before on another thread (or forum) but it really annoys me when traders either copy & paste all the original manufacturer blurb / text from back in the day or (in the case of the one above) decide they need to hawk a "story" of how they came into possession of the car as part of the patter.

I think it was one of the Ford RS forums where someone found a Series2 RST being marketed by one of these many "classic traders" (that has popped up in recent years) with some soppy backstory about the "loving owner" but it turned out one of previous owners was a member on the forum and pointed out it was a load of bulls*it :lol: