• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johniban

Omex Lambda

johniban

Hi,

Before i go out and buy an omex narrow band lambda sensor, is there much point in running one, do i need one?

I don't have a cat and my exhaust down pipe doesn't have the port to have a lambda sensor, although i will be welding on in for an external wideband system.

Only reason i can see to fit one is for an MOT, or for economy but as i don't have a cat i cant see i need it,

What are you thoughts?

Tom Fenton

Don't bother.

Sandy

I agree, closed loop usually causes more problems than it solves on aftermarket ECUs. If it's well mapped, it will run accurately consistently without one.

johniban

The problem i have is, it bogs down and pops/backfires out of the throttle bodies when accelerating, but if you throttle it gently and then floor it, it revs fine.

I thought this may have had todo with no lambda being plugged in and it chucking more fuel in or something

johniban

And what about fitting a seperate wideband unit is there much point? didnt no if a mapped would need it,

Or just weld in the port and block it off for mapping purposes?

welshpug

needs mapping.

yes a welded boss for fitting a wideband when mapping is a good idea.

Richie-Van-GTi

Have to agree with WP. For mapping and diagnostics you cannot fault wideband. A proper map shouldnt in theory require a lambda to run but if the kit is reliable and accurate then its always a good monitor system