• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

Headgasket Prob?!

Paul_13

Been having a few problems with her recently, a while back I was hooning it a bit then slowed down and down geared it and im used to a few bangs and pops but this was like a shot gun goin off next to your ear. (it was fine for a while after this)

Next problem(s):

Loads of white smoke billowing from exhaust when started up but stops after 5 mins.

When holding the car at anything above 1500rpm the car starts to junder quite bad but no misfires from the exhaust.

It doesn't seem to do it whilst accelerating slowly tho.

I havent tried it at any higher revs as the clutch is running on the rivets and i'm pretty suspect the head gaskets gone/going

Any replies would be welcome, and merry christmas to all!

projectpug

If it goes away after 5 minutes then its not because of the head gasket. If you look the majority of the cars give out a fair bit of white smoke, its just condensation.

The judder could be caused by numerous common 205 problems short list here,

1)Engine mounts

2)Injection problem- kangaroo effect common.

Have a search on these and see if that helps.

dcc

from what you descrive, it sounds like bad timing in terms of the backfiring, however, the symptoms of your juddering i would hope are not the same as mine, as then it would be a headgasket. get to a local garage, ask them to do a quick oil in water test, might cost you £5 for them to check it, better safe than sorry!

Paul_13

I might go and buy some of that wynnes headgasket repair (I no im going to be called a muppet for this) but the engines only got to last me another 2 weeks maybe 3 until i get my MI engine rebuilt!