Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Omex 600 Wiring Gti6

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
  • Name:Mike
Finally got time on this today and is up and running.

Can someone please explain how wasted spark etc works as I can disconnect injectors or by leads from 1 and 2 and it still runs and sounds ok? It's a little poppy but only on a base map so tbh sounds ok definately not running on 2.

But if I pull injector 3 or 4 it tries to die but if I pull 1 or 2 it makes almost no difference which I'm struggling to understand as when standard gti6 management I could unplug each injector and it would make a noticeable difference which is how I found I had a coil connection loose on a previous outing

Every day's a school day

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
One thing I have noticed is I brought the loom from a mi16 engined 205 so pretty much plug and play. The injector plugs were all numbered and different lengths etc but the way they fit is 1 at the crank end and 4 at the fly which I would believe to be wrong as normally cylinder 1 would be closest to the flywheel.

Just wondering if they had the loom running to the left of the engine which would make them the other way around could this cause what I'm seeing? It runs but not 100% but could be the map. Just trying to gauge if I've a genuine issue of not as by pulling the plugs from the injectors it would suggest it's running on 2 but sounds far to good to be only on 2

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,023 posts
  • Name:Mei
check you have the leads on the correct pairs, 1 & 4, 2 & 3

also worth checking the plugs, they get fouled up really easily if the map isn't quite right and it doesn't warm up.

with a 600 its batch fired injectors iirc, so it matters not which plug goes where, you are correct that 1 is flywheel end on a Peugeot engine.

Edited by welshpug, 21 February 2016 - 06:46 PM.

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
Must have on the right pairs at least as it was a tailor made loom so each lead is a different length so can only really fit one way unless they ran the loom the other side on tge orevious car but that would effectively swap 1 and 4 and 2 and 3 so would keep it in there pairs.
The plugs I'll check as they were the ones that came in the engine but worth a check.

I've got a running vid I'll try upload but sound quality isn't the best.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,023 posts
I think I put some new ngk plugs in there of its my old one.

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
th_7152C57A-1F22-4EE2-96E2-AEA2A40704C1_

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
Also just thought i have a xsi coil pack in my garage so will give that ago as that'll rule out any issues with leads etc.

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
I've had another look and had the spark plugs out to watch for spark and there all firing, I've also done same with injectors and they all fire also. But still it sounds a bit rough (could be mapping)

But still same if I unplug 1 or 2 it makes no audible difference yet 3/4 pretty much stop the engine

Anthony

Anthony
  • Team Managers
  • 18,744 posts
Garage View Garage
Are the throttle bodies balanced?

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
No not yet.

Issue is I'm torn between a genuine issue or whether it's a issue that needs sorting by mapping. I just can't understand how if I unplug the lead or the injector it makes no audible difference yet unplug 3 or 4 and it dies.

j_turnell

j_turnell
  • Pitcrew+
  • 4,146 posts
  • Name:James
Garage View Garage

I would balance the bodies as either way it needs doing, mine sounded bloody awful until they were balanced up. 

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
Yes but I don't have the tool to balance them and the mapping is £90 a hour and is a hour away so don't want to go all that way and that cost to find out it's not that.

Unless someone local to aylesbury knows what there doing/has the tool? Obviously happy to pay something for the trouble

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
Just looked and tool isn't as expensive as expected at about £40 so definately worth getting one to try rather than find its not that at £95 a hour

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
508979C7-A5AF-4CF3-9401-828D39890623_zps

New gasket was fitted but wet Inbetween all cylinders.

Edited by blandy, 28 February 2016 - 07:38 PM.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,023 posts
id just trailer it down to sandy if he has a slot tbh, imo its well worth the trip down, he charges per session rather than hour typically.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,023 posts
he will do it all from balancing the bodies to checking cam timing (which you wont need, as he's done it on that engine)

Anthony

Anthony
  • Team Managers
  • 18,744 posts
Garage View Garage

No not yet.

Issue is I'm torn between a genuine issue or whether it's a issue that needs sorting by mapping. I just can't understand how if I unplug the lead or the injector it makes no audible difference yet unplug 3 or 4 and it dies.

You'll almost certainly find that the 'bodies aren't balanced and 1+2 are flowing less than 3+4 - hence dropping one of the cylinders on 3+4 impacts running so badly compared to 1+2, because they're doing most of the work.

Out of interest btw, how come you're only running on the outer injectors and have the inner injector bosses blanked off?

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts

ive got a sycroniser on its way to test but i would say they defiantly need doing as you can tell that 3/4 are definitely sucking in more air by placing hand over the trumpets so hopefully it may be the issue but last time i had bodies it was all done and installed by miles whereas this time ive done all alone so could well be something silly like the balancing (fingers crossed). Ive also got a new gasket on its way as the one fitted is very thick compared to the other gaskets ive used previously so just trying to eliminate all options. 

The omex can only run one set of injectors unfortunately and this is how miles set up my old set on my 306 when i had that with a satchel manifold. I would of gone with dta to try running 8 but ill be using Northampton motorsport to map as there about the closest to me and did a good job for me last time and omex is one of there preferred ecus hence the choice to go omex

Id love to take it to sandy but he is a 9 hour round trip and tbh the map ive uploaded is the original map i had on my 306 so should only really need tweaking for the cams etc so hoping its not going to be a expensive day 

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,023 posts

9?  naaah, 8.

:lol:  worth it though.

dcc

dcc
  • Drivers+
  • 3,141 posts
  • Name:Dan
When I fit the inlet gasket I now smother it in grease, makes a lovely seal to the mating faces!

By smother I mean just enough to make it tacky :D