Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ew10J4S Unlocked Ecu

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

unariciflocos

unariciflocos
  • Drivers+
  • 706 posts
  • Name:Andrei
Garage View Garage

Hi guys, don't know how many people are still around, but either way, I'm converting my car to EW10J4S, 206 RC180 engine for those not familiar with the engine code. For reliability I wanted to run the standard ECU, the mutiplexed Magneti Marelli, so a wizz kid is converting mine to do away with everything that is BSI, BSM, immobilizer, dash, basically I will just need to supply the ECU and it will run, just like old Mi16 or GTI6 conversions.

Would anyone be interested in this? I could ask him to make more.

dcc

dcc
  • Drivers+
  • 3,141 posts
  • Name:Dan
This conversion will be the new gti6/mi16 conversion when it becomes easy to get the wiring sorted. Personally the ecu wont be useful for me, but I know a handful of people who'd be keen to know more!

unariciflocos

unariciflocos
  • Drivers+
  • 706 posts
Garage View Garage

I'll post updates when or if it works :lol:

It's not as straightforward as an Mi16/GTI6 conversion, but it's still doable.

BC Devile

BC Devile
  • Drivers
  • 61 posts

Id be very interested in this, as also thinking about this conversion. but buying a whole doner car and basically transfering the whole loom and clocks.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Regards

unariciflocos

unariciflocos
  • Drivers+
  • 706 posts
Garage View Garage

So, i bring good news. My friend delivered the ECU, connected it to the engine loom, supplied some wires to the ECU, coils, injectors, WBO, OBD, and it fired right up.

My car is far from complete, but i saw this as the biggest hurdle, waiting for some warmer weather and I hope to test drive.

If anyone is interested drop me a message and maybe I can help you out.

Anthony

Anthony
  • Team Managers
  • 18,746 posts
Garage View Garage
Excellent work.

I've long since figured that it should be possible to make a multiplex ECU work on an older non-multiplex car, but I never actually attempted to put the theory into practice. Glad to see that someone has taken the time to figure it out and be good to see the finished conversion :)

unariciflocos

unariciflocos
  • Drivers+
  • 706 posts
Garage View Garage

It's not a cheap or straightforward process to modify the ECU, as components need to be added to trick the ECU into thinking the immobilizer and other components are still there. There's a CAN and VAN link from the ECU to other components that need to be simulated.

on the OBD port I only had a lambda error and a camshaft sensor error, don't know if it's running in limp mode or not yet.

Still need to do the clutch release, replace the gear linkages to cable, alternator belt, tidy up the wiring, sort out the plumbing and it should be roadworthy. The dash will be replaced with a tablet with a bluetooth dongle on the OBD port.

Schumi

Schumi
  • Drivers
  • 86 posts
  • Name:Suayb Tozmaz

Are you using stock throttle body and throttle pedal?

unariciflocos

unariciflocos
  • Drivers+
  • 706 posts
Garage View Garage
I'm using the electronic throttle.

BC Devile

BC Devile
  • Drivers
  • 61 posts

How did you get on with this in the end?

Did the lambda and cam sensor error casue it to go into limp mode?