Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Omex Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
  • Name:Mike
Come to fire the car up this morning as booked a Trackday next weekend so thought better check it over and nothing will run. Car doesn't seem to fire the injectors - have spark and everything else but no fuel form the injectors - can visibly look down the throttle bodies

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
From the omex I have brown wire and white wire when cranking I have 12v from both so 12v to each pin of the injectors

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,026 posts
  • Name:Mei
if you have spark but no injection and you do have 12v at the injector I'd bell the wire back to the ecu, sounds like a broken injector trigger wire.

on the ecu side of the injector wiring the voltage should switch from positive to negative as the ecu pulls them to earth if you are checking with a power probe.

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
Yes have 12v at the injectors and also 12v at both wires from the ecu. I'm not entirely sure god these work as when cranking I have 12v at both wires on each injector.

My understanding was the omex switches earths so expected to see 12v to one pin and then earth to the other on the injector

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,026 posts
  • Name:Mei
you wont see an earth with a multimeter as they dont react fast enough, the 12v+ you are seeing is travelling through the injector, you need to test with a power probe with the injectors unplugged or a noid light
is it running off two or one injector driver?