Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

205 Rallye

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

custard-rallye

custard-rallye
  • Drivers
  • 567 posts
  • Name:Stefan Boyne
hi, just joined just a few questions on the 205 rallye is the box they come with any good as mine seems really long geared which is not what i expected as being a ex 106 rallye owner the box on them is far from long.

is the engine easy to tune i have a vtr engine in the shed if it would be better off putting that in i wouldnt mind a euro spec engine but i cant find any and funds are low at the moment but could be a future purchase any help would be appreciated cheers Stefan.

Jrod

Jrod
  • Veterans
  • 3,326 posts
  • Name:Jordan
UK 205 rallyes are pretty crap as standard to be honest.

Really long ratio box and a 75bhp iron block engine, XS engine and box drop straight in and give 85bhp as standard, 20kg less and a really nice short ratio box.

Edited by Jrod, 17 October 2008 - 11:09 PM.

custard-rallye

custard-rallye
  • Drivers
  • 567 posts
ah i thought the box was really long might just save for a euro engine and get a ax gt box or xs.

Tandoh

Tandoh
  • Drivers
  • 208 posts

ah i thought the box was really long might just save for a euro engine and get a ax gt box or xs.

The problem with getting a Euro engine is finding one!

Batfink

Batfink
  • Drivers
  • 4,802 posts
  • Name:Kev Self
just fit a 106 rallye one...

DaveW

DaveW
  • Drivers
  • 3,886 posts
Yeah get an xs/gt box the 106 rallye one is good but its not worth paying 100+ for a 2nd box which you know has been ragged..

custard-rallye

custard-rallye
  • Drivers
  • 567 posts
i have a spare vtr engine in the shed but cant be bothered with the wiring could use the bottom end i guess anybody done it before?