• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Fibre Glass Boot

Gavin Waddell

was wondering if any onad some pictures of a fibreglass boot lid interior. i was thinking of make one this winter but wanted to see how they made the interior panel. if that makes sense.

cheers gavin

smighall

Mine has no inner panel, it's purely a skin. I'll try and get a picture over the next few days for you.

Gavin Waddell

so its basically bare fibre glass. i might make a cpy of the inner panel then, for that factory look

bren_1.3

why dont you just bond a metal inner skin to the fibreglass outer?

take your time, be careful im sure it can be done.

Gavin Waddell

i was going to mold the inner boot panel aswell pluging the holes with wood , then i can have an inner and outer skin mold which i can then use to bond the 2 halves together they are both easy parts to mold and i dont think they have an heative angles so they will realse in one part. ii was wandering if other manufactures made them with inner skins. plus i can then use the original hinge mouts for the boot

Martin W

Interesting, I'm just about to buy a fibre glass tailgate skin and attach it to the car with pins (not having the inner skin). Just looking for pictures on the net now to see how it is done.

hodgy

i need pictures too to see how you fit a boot skin

Gavin Waddell

thats why i want to make an inner skin that way it will be factory as in switzerland they dont like fibre glass, it will still be lighter that standard. hodgy could you tell me how thick the skin is please.

thanks

gavin

Sign in to follow this