• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

allanallen

Breathing Crossdresser (tu3s/vtr)

allanallen

went on a certain online auction site the otherday and got me some kehlin R6 carbs for under 40 sheets delivered!!

there about 37mm venturies so aint massive but im sure they will be a big improvement on the twin solex job thats already on it!

i saw the tu engine artical in retro cars a while ago and it showed the same carbs on a 106 but they had milled down the inlet and welded on tubes to the inlet holes to make the inlet short enough to fit under the 106 bonnet! mines a 205 so im sure i wont have todo this!

does anone know if bogg brothers do an inlet for this already (tu3s-r6) without any major modification to the head?

and if you have done this mod or similar how have you done the throttle cable lincage? im pretty sure of the basics but has anyone got an idea they are proud enough to share!!

what about fuel lines do the carbs need a fuel return? theres so many hoses comin off them im pretty baffeld!

nice one dudes

Rippthrough

I'd say they still have to have a fuel return, excess fuel has to go somewhere.

As for the linkage etc. Send it me and I'll make one..... :blush:

:ph34r:

-Phillip

allanallen
As for the linkage etc. Send it me and I'll make one.....

are you tring to rob me?!!

Rippthrough
are you tring to rob me?!!

Damn, foiled :ph34r:

Jump on a yamaha forum and find out what all the hoses are for - best way.

Edited by Rippthrough

allanallen

ahhhh good thinking batman!

just thought what about the water ways through the inlet and head it seams to be a dead end ie the water just sits in it? so it looks like i could block it off?? is this ok??

Rippthrough
ahhhh good thinking batman!

just thought what about the water ways through the inlet and head it seams to be a dead end ie the water just sits in it? so it looks like i could block it off?? is this ok??

Mine are blocked off with no problem, it's only a bleed that joins up to the heater matrix pipe. Might get you a touch more power from that too, mine seemed to lose a few flat spots and pick up better afterwards.

-Phillip

Edited by Rippthrough

allanallen

greatstuff! so would it be a good idea to block that off anyway?

Rippthrough
greatstuff! so would it be a good idea to block that off anyway?

All it does it help the manifold warm up in cold weather to stop fuel pooling. After that it just heats the inlet charge unnecessarily.

allanallen

just too add to this what about an airbox for these carbs or which socks?? do k&n do a airbox you can cut the holes to your own specs??

p.s ordered my manifold off bogg brothers its gonna take about 4 weeks to get it as he is very busy £176!!

the manifold has a vacume pipe for the brakes which is nice!!

ill put up photos on when i get it back.

Edited by allanallen

calvinhorse

just for the benefit of anyone doing this conversion in the future ill try and keep it updated!

i found out you can use the fuel pump off the yamaha r6 where thew carbs came from as this is the correct psi for the carbs. i found my pump on ebay for £12 delivered!

the pump is fitted inline and just needs a positive wire to your ignition or a switch

the carbs dont need a fuel return.

Edited by calvinhorse

mfield
I'd say they still have to have a fuel return, excess fuel has to go somewhere.

Don't know how bike carbs work but on most other carbs the fuel is just held back by the floats, so no need for a return pipe.

rally ax
just too add to this what about an airbox for these carbs or which socks?? do k&n do a airbox you can cut the holes to your own specs??

p.s ordered my manifold off bogg brothers its gonna take about 4 weeks to get it as he is very busy £176!!

the manifold has a vacume pipe for the brakes which is nice!!

ill put up photos on when i get it back.

I ordered a Ramair filter from Rally design £59.50 +vat, just marked the base plate and used a hole saw to cut the holes to suit the std rubber ram pipes - bobs your uncle !

- I also bought a length of Samco hose from rally design for less than £30.00

Steve does a cracking job

calvinhorse

does anyone know how the carbs are re-jetted? are they bored out or is it new jets?

ive heard it will run with standard jets (R6) is that correct as i may have to drive it to mikecanics?