• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

Lightened Tu5 Flywheel

christopher

Lightened TU5 flywheel.

Anyone using one?

What was the weight saving?

Sandy

I've used TU3J or TU2J flywheels and got them machined and re-drilled for the 200mm clutch. Done several now, t's about 2.5kg lighter than the TU5 one and less risk than machining the TU5 one. Noticable improvement.

christopher
I've used TU3J or TU2J flywheels and got them machined and re-drilled for the 200mm clutch. Done several now, t's about 2.5kg lighter than the TU5 one and less risk than machining the TU5 one. Noticable improvement.

Hi Sandy,

where have you done this and how much does it cost? Perhaps that is the way for me to go then? 2.5 kgs is a lot :)

Edited by christopher

Sandy

The fabricator I work with does it for me. It's a couple hours to sort out, so about £80.

christopher

Sandy the pins are quite close to the edge so wher are the new pins drilled? What about the screw holes are those re-tapped?

You don't have a picture of the finished article do you?

Cheers

Christopher

Sandy

It does end up close yes, but it's safe to frequent 8k rpm in my experience. the threads come out the back half in half out, which isn't ideal, but like I say, hasn't been a problem thus far.

TB_205GTI

Do you have any pictures Sandy?

Sandy

Somewhere! I'll try and dig them out.

Sandy

I've got a picture, but can't upload it onto here?

Edited by sandy309

Sign in to follow this