• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

New Valve Guides Which Ones

christopher

I went to peugeot to check how much the valve guides are for my engine. But there are two types listed

http://www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/0/02A15A.HTM

Does anyone know what is the differnce between 1st and 2nd repair?

0220 71 08

1ERE REPAR

- TU24

0220 72 08 2EME REPAR

- TU24

bren_1.3

:huh::)

what did peugeot say?? very strange?!

EDIT: is there a difference in inlet and exhaust guides somehow? very long sniper shot.

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

christopher
what did peugeot say?? very strange?!

EDIT: is there a difference in inlet and exhaust guides somehow? very long sniper shot.

They didn't know waht the difference was I think it is very rare for someone to buy these. Usual story have to get them from france. Its the same guide for the inlet and exhaust (at least on the pic).

So I am unsure what to get now:-/

They could be expensive and if they are wrong...no returns

Edited by christopher

PumaRacing

You should look again. There are three types listed. How intriguing :huh:

christopher
You should look again. There are three types listed. How intriguing

Puma I think the first one is for all other TU's other then the TU24 (Euro Rallye) .

Why would there be two types? The translation is first repair and second repair

PumaRacing

The TU24 has 8mm valve stems. All the other TU's have 7mm valve stems.

The two types of guide will probably be standard and then oversize either 1) to suit worn guide bores in the head or 2) to suit oversize valve stems. If you look up valves you might find two stem diameters of those also. If not then you have your answer.

bren_1.3
The two types of guide will probably be standard and then oversize either 1) to suit worn guide bores in the head or 2) to suit oversize valve stems. If you look up valves you might find two stem diameters of those also. If not then you have your answer.

judging by the parts catalogue id go with option number 1. so id go with first repair..... :) its never simple is it. :):P

EDIT: parts catalogue only gives one option for TU24 valves, no oversize stem option.

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

TB_205GTI

The second one is a repair guide, it has a larger outside diameter. Buy the repair ones and get the head machines to fit them - otherwise you _might_ end up with guides that are not porperly seated in the head.

christopher
The two types of guide will probably be standard and then oversize either 1) to suit worn guide bores in the head

Thanks Puma,

I think you are right here....

christopher
The second one is a repair guide, it has a larger outside diameter. Buy the repair ones and get the head machines to fit them - otherwise you _might_ end up with guides that are not porperly seated in the head.

Peter the translation of the listing in french means First Repair and Second Repair, so I am assuming that they are both repair guides, maybe one with an even larger diameter for a machining a second time?

Sign in to follow this