• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mishu

Quickshift For Tu1/be

mishu

I was wondering whether all those quickshift kits I see online (and the guides on how to make one yourself) are valid for my 1.1 too.

If so, can you recommend any particular guide on how to make one yourself?

If not, can you recommend any particular guide on how to make one yourself? :)

Thanks

TB_205GTI

Just a little note - the TU uses the MA gearbox, not the BE :)

macaroni

Griffiths Engineering do a modified L-shpaed fulcrum for the MA gearbox. It is adjustable too. I have one and it works pretty well.

mishu

You wouldn't happen to have some pictures/measurements? I plan to manufacture one, as shipping from the U.K. will probably be more expensive than the cost of production. Thanks!

macaroni

Well mine is currently on my car, but if you remove yours, you should be able to make one.

The basic ones just have a shorter length of one of the L-bits, to decrease the movement needed to change gear, if that makes sense.

The GE ones, have a slot and an adjustable ball socket, so you can adjust the length of the L, effectively.

I can find out the cost of shipping one to Romania if you like.

Edited by macaroni

mishu

If it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate it if you could ask them how much shipping is to Romania. I've already seen some other UK companies (autofive IIRC) say they ship worldwide, so this might be the solution for me yet (provided I buy several pieces at once).

I understand what you mean by shortening one of the lengths of the L-bit, I've seen a tutorial on this for the GTi (and assumed this would be no different, since it's the same principle, just different dimensions, angles, etc.)

Thanks!

macaroni

Blimey, the cost of shipping a 3kg parcel to Romania with DHL is £37.45!!

mishu

:)

I feared it might be too much to ship. I'll probably end up taking the L-shaped thingie out, measuring it, and fabricating one a bit shorter (on the shorter side of the L).

Anyway, thanks for checking the shipping cost!

Sign in to follow this