• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
trogboy

4 Branch Manifold - Who's Fitted Theirs?

trogboy

Ok peeps,

I know a fair few people on here have bought one of the CSC Marmitte exhaust manifolds from the group buy that Anthony (Macaroni) so kindly sorted out.

What I ant to know is who has fitted theirs and what difference did it make. Ideally I want a few people that have just fitted the manifold without making any other mods at the same time, so that we can see an opinion on what real difference these have made to your cars. I don't mind if it is subjective - just want to know what people think.

Some idea of the specs of your car would be good too.

You've probably guessed that I am trying to decide whether to buy one so chip in and help me make up my mind.

Cheers,

Ad

timmsy19

i know stu-woac fitted his but he has other mods. he said it was good mid range

trogboy

Having modifications isn't a problem, just fitting new ones at the same time as the manifold - that way you don't really know what has caused any changes you notice.

I suspect the difference the manifold will make will depend on the state of tune of your engine which is why I a want as many opinions as possible.

timmsy19

i also want to get one of these even if it doesnt do anything on a standard tu3s then im not to fussed really.

just looking at the pics on the group buy and looking at the downpipe and manifold that ihave it looks like it will do something.

christopher
i also want to get one of these even if it doesnt do anything on a standard tu3s then im not to fussed really.

just looking at the pics on the group buy and looking at the downpipe and manifold that ihave it looks like it will do something.

One thing to note that I was looking at some pictures of the 205 Rallye TU24 group A rallye car that delivers 140bhp at 8000rpm. These were still using the standard manifold :blush: Modified maybe? Who knows...STill it can't be that bad, apart from those protrusions in teh port.

But saying that I forked out for one of these 2 years ago now, cos I just wanted one. However saying that my results are pretty useless to you since I did a lot of other things at the same time.

timmsy19

its also on a different engine :blush:

christopher
its also on a different engine :blush:

Perhaps.....but if I'm right trogboy we are not talking an XS here :ph34r: He is building a TU24 hybrid of sort

Theoretically speaking, the exhaust flow out of a TU24 head will be far greater then a XS for many reasons. So the best benefits from an XS will only be gained with headwork, higher CR and a high lift cam, and higher flow filter. But even then I think we are talking less then 5bhp from the manifold alone. So £ for £ n its not a good investment..But I would do it again tomorrow beacuse they are such good quality (CSC are basically the same as ansa that are original equipment on ferrari) and maybe sometime soon they will stop making them.

But mid range torque is probably a bit better. Mine has nearly peak torque at 2500rpm...It pulls very very hard between 3000 and 5000.

Edited by christopher

timmsy19
Perhaps.....but if I'm right trogboy we are not talking an XS here :ph34r: He is building a TU24 hybrid of sort

fair enough.

so if the engine is completely standard then its not going to do much?? so the only real point of having one on a standard XS engine is just better quality and looks? :blush:

macaroni

Hi, I drove 2 miles with mine fitted and no other mods and it pulled better from low down. I have a 38DGAS carb on mine and at low revs, when the vacuum signal was weak, it had very bad driveability. With the manifold on, it seemed that the extra extraction effect helped the vacuum signal. After 2 miles the head gasket went and while the head was off, I had a much hotter cam fitted which put me back to square one.

Aswell and looks and quality, the sound effects aren't to be dismissed either. Mine gives it a real low-down growl - wonderful.

The next group buy for these will be quite soon, but the price has gone up, unfortunately, to £177.02 + £8.50 delivery.

Keep watching the group buy thread.

stu_woac

my pick up through mid range was improved alot, I drove castle coombe a month b4 the manfold was fitted and then straight away after it was fitted and it was much quicker out on track

my mods are roughly

lots of head work (no big vavles yet)

a dr shirk spelling cam with 286 duration 11.6mm lift

twin 40s

fully setup up on rollers regually

some bottom end mods

quife post 92 box with xs gearing

etc etc list can go on all night lol

must say tho the black paint didnt last long

it was fully off the manfoild in 15mins LOL

trogboy

cool, thanks for the replies. I'm even more tempted now.

Have people tried heat wrapping these to keep the under bonnet temps down? I remember a while ago there being a post about manifolds rotting away pretty quickly due to moisture trapped in heat wrapping.

Stu - out of interest how have you made sure you've got a good supply of cold air to your 40's? Are you running a sealed airbox or just a filter in the engine bay?

stu_woac

just fliters, and my carbonfibre bonnet lifts when moving geeting air back there with out a problem

pugrallye

had mine cermaic coated and fitted, boy it was a pig to fit! casr hasnt ran yet due to weber holding me up....

macaroni

Why was it so hard to fit? Mine was a doddle and fitted first time.

pugrallye

might be cos i have a tu24 and poss manifold was for an XS?? I dunno anyway its on now...

trogboy

How much did you pay for the ceramic coating if you don't mind me asking?

pugrallye

zero lol favour among friends, but would retail for about 100 quid on a small manifold

Edited by pugrallye

christopher
had mine cermaic coated and fitted, boy it was a pig to fit! casr hasnt ran yet due to weber holding me up....

Does this ceramic coating work just like a wrapped manifold? How thick is the coating?

pugrallye

yes not AS good as heat wrap, but you dont have to worry about it cracking from the heat! i suppose thickness is 0.5mm to 1mm thick (only a guess though as never bothered to ask)

Sign in to follow this