• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boombang

Tu With Late Be Box - Lots Of Questions

boombang

A few questions about the late BE boxes (BE4R?) and fitment:

Is it a straight bolt onto any TU block?

Does it run similar diff to earlier BE boxes (and would a Quaife fit)?

Do 1.9 shafts fit straight in the box (basically could you drop TU + late BE box into the car and running gear wise it'd be fine)?

What modifications would be necessary to gear linkages and if necessary will early BE arms/levers fit to operate from standard 309 Gti gear linkages?

What ratio selections are available in these late boxes?

If gear ratios are known that'd be helpful as can plug them into Seans sheet to compare.

Are original style BE box final drives compatible with these boxes.

As you may be able to guess I am wondered how easy it would be to fit a TU engine to a 205/309 with the strongest possible drivetrain (i.e. BE box rather than MA, and 309 Gti shafts + arms).

Its purely as running something like a 1600 TU could enable me to build a competitive 1600 rallycar in the future as the 1600 XU doesn't seem worth me looking at.

boombang

Also another related question:

What flywheel + clutch combo does it use?

Sorry for all the questions, I am sure most of them could be answered with access to an up to date parts CD but I know some of you out there have experience with these (Sandy?)

Sandy

I'll drop you a PM as i'm not keen to be free and easy with information that has cost me alot of time and money to acquire!

boombang

no problem at all.

Been reading Sams thread and a few other bits have cropped up like intermediate bearing possibly needed a new braket sorted to fit the 309 shafts.

calvinhorse

ill take a pm too please sandy :P;)

TB_205GTI

Sandy better start writing it here in the forum - otherwise you'll have to send _a lot_ of pm's..

(I actually thought the idea of a forum, was to help eachother..)

Sandy

I spent valuable time doing the research for a project i'm working on at the moment. There's friendly help to amateurs (which is what i've hopefully given by PM) and there's simply giving that investment away to any pro's who read this forum. Eventually i'm sure the info will be widely available, but i've had to drive round to acquire, buy and dismantle gearboxes, let alone the research that preceded it and for the time being i'm a bit possesive.

I do give away alot of info on here, so don't get cocky about it!

stu_woac

I believe sandy has a big right to not disclose all info, this sort of info would be a very high value for companys who turbo tu engines as this give them a better box to handle the power so if they want it off of sandy they coul pay him a small fee instead of just reading it on a forum then saying they are experts on it

Sandy

How much do GMC charge for a BE conversion? :)

DaveW

4 figures :)

stu_woac

yes but we all know gmc parts are over priced LOL

(my own opinion not the forums)

SPGTi

Sandy,

Is the solution you have different to running the 106 cup boxes and shafts ? Just that one of the lads in the car club is starting stage rallying in his old road rally car (205 UK rallye) and wants to change to a BE box but cost is prohibitive at the moment. I know at the moment he is looking at mixing and matching different shafts in the Pug range ie seperating at CV joint to obtain nice thick shafts with the correct splined ends with roughly the correct lengths.

Steve

Sandy

I've not attempted putting the BE into a 106, all the competition pugs i'm working on atm are 205s. In the UK Rallye, you can use 1.9 hubs and 1.9 shafts for a quick easy BE compatibility. If he's keeping the MA box, just get genuine Peugeot exchange shafts, I had 137bhp at the wheels on my TB'd 106GTi engined 205 Rallye and gave it hell, the shafts were fine, the box however, was not.

Sign in to follow this