• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Rallee

Tu24 Gearbox

205Rallee

Help!

My 205 Rallye Euro (MA5S box) has decided that it needs new synchros on 1st and 4th gears. Fitted a Quaife gear kit a couple of years ago (which has always whined).

Last time the box was rebuilt it was very difficult to get the 5th gear bearing which breaks when dismantling the box. The bearing shown on Peugeots parts computer for the TU24 box was smaller than the actual bearing in the gearbox.

Anyone know where I can get the correct bearings, the last one came from skip Brown and cost a fortune!

Thanks

RossD
Help!

My 205 Rallye Euro (MA5S box) has decided that it needs new synchros on 1st and 4th gears. Fitted a Quaife gear kit a couple of years ago (which has always whined).

Last time the box was rebuilt it was very difficult to get the 5th gear bearing which breaks when dismantling the box. The bearing shown on Peugeots parts computer for the TU24 box was smaller than the actual bearing in the gearbox.

Anyone know where I can get the correct bearings, the last one came from skip Brown and cost a fortune!

Thanks

Could you not get the part number from the bearing and try a bearing supplier?

christopher

Try to get a part number. Not sure why the original one wouldn't fit..

205Rallee
Could you not get the part number from the bearing and try a bearing supplier?

It's an SKF bearing and all the bearing suppliers I tried last time said it was a Peugeot bearing and they couldn't get hold of it. I can't remember the number on the bearing and I wanted to get all the bits sorted out before I take it to pieces.

I thought someone out there would know if the bearings would be the same as another more common model.

Miles

There are a couple of bearings like this in the BE box as well, So I can see your point, Only thing to do is take it in with you and see if they can match it up with something, I've got a few like that

Sign in to follow this