• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest james205gti

Bak Foot Wells Are Wet?

Guest james205gti

Both my foot wells are wet behind the front seats? God knows how the water got in? coz the underneath is quite dry. Could it be coming through the doors?? They have both dropped a tad. Strange??

stevemi16

Rear window seals, i've got the same problem.

Steve

Snowman

Check in the boot for water too. Could be coming in via the bootlock.

Guest james205gti

Dont think it is coming through there, coz my boot is mdf'd. So that would be soaked aswell, but thats dry ( i think )

Rear window? wouldnt the side panels be soaked aswell then? coz mine are dry or would it be soaked from the inside of the panels.

Mad Professor

My rear windows are leaking as well.

But is not giving me a problem, As i have taken out the rear side panels to fit sub's.

But i will have to sort it out before i put the new panels and sub's in.

Dream Weaver

Went to check my rear footwells tonight after seeing this thread as my boot leaks - they are soaked :blink:

Water seems to come in from the boot, soaks the boot floor, then rolls forward and underneath the rear seats - I then presume it flows down into the footwells.

When people say "rear window seals" do you mean the actual rear window, or the rear side windows (the ones that open out)?????

Going to remove seats and rear trim at the weekend to have a snaoop around.

Guest james205gti

Thats the thing. underneath my back seats are dry. The floor is still wet. The other place i can think of it getting in is through the doors, coz the seal are wet aswell..Its got to be where they have dropped, so its not a tight close!

:blink:

Snowman

If it's in your boot then it's probably the lock leaking.

If it's just in the foowells then the window seals as said before.

To seal the lock remove the trim from inside the tailgate. Then slide the locking bracket up off the lock and you should be able to remove it (will be some linkages to take of too but can't remember them off hand).

Then clean it up and refit with a genourous helping of silicon.

HTH

Chris

Dream Weaver

So what if you have water in your boot and in your rear footwells AND under your rear seats, like mine :blink::D

I will seal the boot bits this weekend, then see what happens after that.

Whats the best way to dry the car out? (Sorry for the part hijack btw)

Guest davidalger

I had the wet floor challenge too, I took the seats, seatbelt fixings, handbrake cover and centre console out (need to remove the radio to access two 6mm fixing nuts). I then took the carpet out and dried out the thick stuff on an oil-filled radiator in the garage (as I was not allowed to use the radiators in the house!)

My water was mainly in the front foot wells though.

hd_andy
I had the wet floor challenge too, I took the seats, seatbelt fixings, handbrake cover and centre console out (need to remove the radio to access two 6mm fixing nuts). I then took the carpet out and dried out the thick stuff on an oil-filled radiator in the garage (as I was not allowed to use the radiators in the house!)

My water was mainly in the front foot wells though.

Then you put it all back and it leaked again?!! :blink:

Guest davidalger
Then you put it all back and it leaked again?!!  :blink:

Not leaked yet... fingers crossed!

(It must have been leaking for a while as the previous owner had put sealer around the aerial)

Guest billcuss

When my rear footwells were doing swimming pool impressions, it was coming in through the windscreen seal and then running along the ribs of the floor and collecting in the rear. Might be worth checking the soundproofing right at the front, nearly under the dash....

Dream Weaver

Took all my rear interior out yesterday, then hosed the car down. On mine water is pissing in the side rear window seals, then running down inside the trim to the back footwells.

Took the side windows out to check the seals and they have shrunk by about an inch which is how the water is getting in. Siliconed them back in for now til I can find a good Pug dealership for some new seals.

Anyone know how much they are?

Mad Professor

I have just got off the phone to my local pug dealer.

Boot Seal: £23.60 Inc VAT.

Side Window Seal: £17.29 Inc VAT, Each.

So thats £58.18 On three bit's of rubber.

Ouch.

Anyone know anywhere cheeper?

Edited by Mad Professor

Mad Professor

Is it?

What the norm price?

Simes

I was quoted £46ex VAT from Pug for just one rear side window rubber.

Dream Weaver

The silicon seems to be working on mine for now, but would rather replace them.

That price is cheap - which dealer is it and where?

Mad Professor

It's the only pug dealer, where i am.

"Isle Of Wight"

Thay don't keep them in stock, but thay can get them for my with in 24hours if i want them.

Sign in to follow this