• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smighall

Earthing Battery In Boot

smighall

My battery is in a box in the back of my track car. At the moment it is earthed to one of the rear seat mounting points, but i don't think it's a particularly good earth.

Where's the best place to earth it to in the back of a 205?

Cheers

Sean

Craigb
My battery is in a box in the back of my track car. At the moment it is earthed to one of the rear seat mounting points, but i don't think it's a particularly good earth.

Where's the best place to earth it to in the back of a 205?

Cheers

Sean

I earthed mine on the nearside rear inside panel where the earting point for the fuel pump is .

I replaced the current fastening with an M8 nut and bolt

phatgti

You want to make the lead nice and short, your better off making your own earthing point, i'd drill a hole somewhere subtle and put a big ring connector and nut/bolt it to the chassis.

phatgti

It needs to be a good sized lead as well, no skinny wires here please!

When cranking the engine there is some serious current going through those cables.

Daxed

Where did you get your battery box from Sean, and is it any good?

johnrobertgordon

I can get fiberglass boxes (made by Magnum) for £28.78 including. Quality is good too.

Daxed

Got a pic or a link John?

steige

On a similar topic does anyone know the rough dimensions of a 205 battery. I also need to buy a box to suit, but don't have a battery to measure!

Edited by steige

Leon

I used a Rally Design battery box and my 205 battery is a VERY snug fit. If it didn't have a carry handle I'd struggle to get it back out easily.

ashley peddle

can see the earthing point on mine below - make sure you get rid of any paint off the surface first :P (and before anyone says - yes i am sorting out the positive wire asap :P) my box was from rally design - bout £30 :D

img3109mm7.jpg

Sign in to follow this