• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
roohunt

Would You Fit This Exhaust To Your Gti? (Hoffman)

roohunt

Perfect, and thank you again for your help with this.

farmer

Perfect, and thank you again for your help with this.

No worries. I was as much interested for myself. ^_^

jurash

Hi guys, reading this post, maybe this helps to you. This is what I bought a few weeks ago - 309 1,9 gti non-cat exhaust for pre 89 model from Walker. Some of the welds are not the nice ones but it has downpipe split, it has 60mm to 55mm tubes, and overall looks quite good to me. It was about £160 complete.

post-11997-0-12936100-1388242184_thumb.jpg

post-11997-0-37405900-1388242193_thumb.jpg

farmer

The Walker one I got myself with the splitter was 75 delivered.

Daviewonder

I ordered one direct from Walker. The guy checked the shelves to make sure they came with the split downpipe, they did.

When the exhaust arrived it didn't have the split downpipe! Looks like there's differences maybe depending on where they were manufactured? Make sure you get the right one before paying.

jurash

I had no choice in terms of a manufacturer or a price. I could have Polmostrow for £40 complete from poland, but this is not the way I want to go since they are made of beer cans. Bosal only offers rear silencers these days in my area. So the only way for me was Walker with 5 weeks delivery. I am happy anyway:)

Edited by jurash

Mac Crash

and what does the split do except from restrict gas flow?

Miles

Effects top end power, without it you will loose some

pug_ham

and what does the split do except from restrict gas flow?

Unless its failed due to age & is blocking the downpipe, it doesn't restrict gasflow.

If anything it enhances it due to the design effectively extending the exhaust manifold 4-2-1 design as Peugeot intended rather than just a short 4-2-1 ending at the exhaust manifold.

g

Mac Crash

Unless its failed due to age & is blocking the downpipe, it doesn't restrict gasflow.

If anything it enhances it due to the design effectively extending the exhaust manifold 4-2-1 design as Peugeot intended rather than just a short 4-2-1 ending at the exhaust manifold.

g

ah so... that's why they put the split... makes sense now and a lot of manafacturers wouldn't have bothered.... although the standard manifold is really just a gas collector, naturally as due mostly to expense the manafacturer is never going to include a tubular manifold as OE.

Reebmit

The Walker one I got myself with the splitter was 75 delivered.

Hi Farmer, can you still get the split Walker system at similar price, if so very interested??? Cheers

farmer

Hi Farmer, can you still get the split Walker system at similar price, if so very interested??? Cheers

No all sold out now, just straight bore.