• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Have I Missed Something? Be3 Swap?

Richie-Van-GTi

After putting the be3 box in my car a few days back I finally got round to sorting the linkages today. I read on here that the linkages need 'slight modification' when the car previously had be1 yet mine seem to of all just popped right on and it selects all the gears without worries. This is without engine running though, just want to check what is this modification that is normally done and is it essential? Dont want to finish car to find it wont select with engine running.

Also on lookout for a shorter throw now, sideways movemnt is great, forwards and backwards is a pain.

jackherer

thats normal, its only Mi16 boxes that need alterations to the linkages.

richystran

yea it should be ok when you have her running you will know, i know withe the mi16 box your gears will be too close if you dont modifly it and you will end up getting 3rd instead of 1st etc all i done was cut the selector on top of box and welded a longer on on it and it worked a treat!

Sign in to follow this