• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RichE

Servicing.

RichE

Didnt see this until now.

I have now bleed the braking system, all went well, she brakes good so I'll think I'll leave it for the time being. But thanks.

DrSeuss: It's habit lol, I give her a thrashing quite regularly (most weekends) which is why im quite serious about keeping her in good running condition.

Shes my daily commute so needs to be reliable, and is!

She looks after me, and I look after her! I admit she has to be one of the most pampered cars on the planet! lol

cybernck

oops :blink:.

you know that i'm obsessed with getting good rear compensators so i may be excused this time :D:huh:

Guest E967XUA

I did my cambelt in about 1/2 hour whilst the engine was out, so shouldn't imagine it's more than an afternoons work, and the belts are only a few quid from gsfcarparts.com, so not worth spending 100 quid at Pug, unless you're not confident enough...

just my 2p worth also... :D

RichE

Done the service.

As mentioned my brakes went very well, nothing was seized.

Changed all my bits over. She's running VERY well, idles superbly no matter the electrical load, and seems alot quieter, and smoother.

One very happy bunny. Roll on winter!

Just cleaned her up :D

Guest Andrewgti

has anybody put redex in the pots..let it soak for 30 mins, replaced the plugs and did a James Bond smokescreen impression for about 10 miles? I did it last week and I swear the car now runs as smooth as silk. its better on juice and has a little more poke as it revs up the range a lot smoother.

anybody had experience using redex good or bad?

greetz

Andrew

Guest E967XUA

i used it just before my engine blew up!!! But swear by it for carbed cars... Thinking of trying Wynns Engine flush instead this time in my Pug.

Sign in to follow this