• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

A Few Gti6 Conversion Questions

Fox

I know most of this has been covered before; I’ve searched and searched but need a bit of clarification.

1. Lambda sensor – Do I need this? Will it revert back to its base map? I don’t have one, but I have one from a 106 Rallye, are they interchangeable?

2. Clutch – Will my 1.9 one fit and work ok? Or do I have to fork out for the MI16 / BX16v one?

3. Oil Pressure Sender – What car do I need to nick one of these from, will the 205 or 306 one not work?

Cheers guys!

M@tt

1) yes you'll need one, it's a 4 wire one, it has a special connector on the plug but you could always remove that and crimp the wires together/fit different plug if you don't get a 306 specific 4 wire one

2) 1.9 clitch will bo too small. You want a larger mi16 one

3) you can use the 205 gauge sender but you'll need one of them T piece adapters that miles sells as the 6 only has one outlet on the block

Alastairh

1. Lambda sensor – Yes you do.

2. Clutch – 1900 is too small. Either a 1900 Mi will fit or a GTI6 / S16 will do. But this is dependant on what gear box you run...

3. Oil Pressure Sender – Early Xsi + S16's are simple screw in, with the correct thread and calibration for the 205 clocks. But these are rare, so thats why people use those T piece adaptors nad can just use the original 205 sendors.

Fox

Fantastic speedy responce chaps!

What about the Speend sensor? Does this just shove in the speedo drive hole?

I'm using a 1600 box atm, until I find a 1900 one

M@tt

you will need a twin electrical/mechanical speedo sensor, it's the one with a normal hole for the speedo cable to push into a-la 205 plus it has a socket for the connector from the GTI6 loom

Spiky

s16 VSS you need for the speedo

keep the 1.6 box, it will be fast ..lol

i've just chaned from 1.9 to 1.6 box yet to drive, hoping this weekend i can

though you might get some wheel spin if you not running a a diff(again will see this weekend)

Fox

Just been to the motor factors and got a clutch, not cheap!

Fingers crossed I'll have it slung back in tomorrow...

Spiky, not running a diff, and it was fairly entertaining with the 1.9 engine, should be a laugh!

Spiky

it's coming out of the corners hard where you will notice it :)

Sign in to follow this