Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[car_overhaul] Zx 16V Project Pt2, Re-Shell And Power Upgrades....

DTA S40 GSXR ITB

245 replies to this topic

camgti

camgti
  • Drivers+
  • 523 posts
  • Name:Cameron
Thanks for the update!

Cant wait to see hpw it goes! I bet your excited to say the least!

Out of interest, are the brakes expensive and hard to find?

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,026 posts
  • Name:Mei

second hand yes they aren't common, they're around £1600 new, AP Racing do a very similar setup and similar cost.

camgti

camgti
  • Drivers+
  • 523 posts
  • Name:Cameron
Nice find then!

Thanks for the info.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,026 posts

So a few weeks ago I borrowed a trailer,  and my BMW's alternator died on the Thursday evening just as I was loading up the ZX ready for the Friday morning trek to Launceston, cue DCC's Landrover to the rescue!!

this was the view at about 6.30

32702918134_5a641b110a_z.jpg

mapping day at SRD in Launceston with Sandy Brown by WELSHPUG, on Flickr

9.30, That sign, a very welcome one.

32702918284_0d0ff41f2e_z.jpg

Bumper off and strapped down.

33389685632_7ff88884d5_z.jpg

Dan popped down to Truscotts and got a brand new expansion tank cap, the used one I had didn't seem to be holding much pressure, though it wasn't boiling over at all.

big thanks to Neil, he's a bloody good teamaker, as well as Pinto building machine, I'm sure he knocks out two or three a day at least of the hotrod high power beautifully finished engines!

oh and Dan picked up some bits from Sandy...

33389686722_ce4aa4ef04_z.jpg

After a few issues with some tricky to find wiring faults causing an injector to not fire, Sandy cracked out his wiring kit and made me a new outer injector sub loom, cleaned the plugs and got cracking, then found an issue with the lambda dropping out, seems the heater circuit was a bit iffy and the lambda kept going full lean, gave that a clean stronger live feed and it seemed to be fine thereafter, once the few niggles were nailed down the map came together very quickly.

33505656266_b8f6c93146_z.jpg

Sandy Brown mapping the DTA S40 ecu on my XU12 Citroen ZX 16v by WELSHPUG, on Flickr

only managed to get a few short video clips, no power figure yet but we do know we're at the limit of the GTI6 injectors at 3 bar  (running up to 85% duty IIRC), and the Clio 250cc are filling the rest as required, so its around the 240 bhp mark.

next jobs are to sort the clutch cable as it seems to have been cooked with the prolonged periods under load on the rollers, will need to find some material to protect it from the heat, buy some pads and fit my brakes.

petert

petert
  • Pitcrew
  • 5,582 posts
  • Name:Peter Taylor

Where's the dyno chart? I'm more interested in the torque curve.

Edited by petert, 08 April 2017 - 06:00 AM.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,026 posts

no chart, old skool rollers, all it has is a Pair of Dials, wheel speed and power.

Reply to this topic