• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
phil19gti

10k Boost

phil19gti

I read on here a while ago about this stuff and I was wondering if it's worth using it or not?

Halfrauds have got it for sale at £25, but I don't want to spend that amount of money on something that might be useless.

Thanks in advance.

RichA

Personally, I'd buy enough redex to clean out your cylinders, and a can of carb cleaner. Both should come to under a tenner - and, in my opinion, more likely to clean things out properly.

Running redex with your fuel every once in a while is generally considered to be a good way of minimising carbon buildup. Poured directly into the cylinder and left to soak should break up the carbon quite well.

--Rich

Edited by RichA

ultimatepug

ive got a can of 10 k boost i found in my lock up, does any 1 know if it does any good or not? if it does then i'll use it on the 205 :D

adam

Dave

*cough*its-just carb-cleaner-in-a-different-colored-tin*cough*

Guest CB-Dave

I'm not so sure bout that - if you ever shake a can of 10k boost it feels like it's a solid lump inside, carb cleaner never feels like that...

RichA

My Gillette series gel for sensitive skin with soothing aloe feels like it has a solid inside. I'd always likened what comes out of it to rabbit droppings, but I think I've cracked it now.

A bottle of Redex will help clear out the rubbish. The carb cleaner will give a clear-out to the bits that Redex just can't reach. And finally, we have Gillette series gel for sensitive skin with aloe vera to ensure a nice, smooth, clean shaven feel to everything. For better airflow, obviously B).

And still under £15. The left over £10 is most welcome as a personal donation to the 'RichA product testing fund' :D.

--Rich

huxley309

do we also get that saleen s7 for our £15 sheets? :D

Guest CB-Dave

Just remember, if you put too much redex down the pots it will highten the compression and you could quite easily blow a headgasket by doing so.

I'm also *very* skeptical of adding anything to the fuel tank, cos surely it will just get filtered by either the intank prefilter, or the fuel filter before it reaches the injectors... plus, anything you put in the tank essentially dilutes the petrol which means less RON points...

RichA

Redex down the pots, cover the spark plug threads with rag, leave to soak for 20-30 minutes, crank for 20 seconds, then leave for another 20-30 minutes. Obviously, don't throw a load of Redex down the cylinders, refit the sparkies, then fire her up :D.

The amount of Redex you put in your tank is rather unlikely to alter the octane rating of the petrol by any noticeable margin. We're talking 50ml of Redex for 50 litres of fuel, or something along those lines... personally, I'd not bother using it regularly with petrol. I'd just use it down the cylinders every once in a while. The leftovers can go in the fuel tank B).

--Rich

adrian_gti

would i just spray the carb cleaner in the afm with the engine running????

i used 10k boost b4 and only noticed a slight improvment... not £25 worth of improvments tho!

Sign in to follow this