• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
garygti

205 1.9 8v Over Fueling?

garygti

hi all

my 1990 205 gti 1.9 wont start at the moment it turns over but seems to flood.

it will start by taking out the fuel pump fuse bu soon as u put it back in again it revs right up to 6.5 rpm.

the fuel return line is not blocked i have checked that and have changed the fuel regulater on fuel rail but its still the same.

can any 1 shed some light on the problem?

steve@cornwall
hi all

my 1990 205 gti 1.9 wont start at the moment it turns over but seems to flood.

it will start by taking out the fuel pump fuse bu soon as u put it back in again it revs right up to 6.5 rpm.

the fuel return line is not blocked i have checked that and have changed the fuel regulater on fuel rail but its still the same.

can any 1 shed some light on the problem?

Blue Ecu temperature sender under the dizzy is faulty or disconnected

garygti

were is that under the dizzy cap? what dose it look like?

projectpug

Blue square twin prong plug on the right hand side of the block near the dizzy.

Can't miss it really.

Mikey S
were is that under the dizzy cap? what dose it look like?

1920SFSENSOR.jpg

yes its under the dizzy cap.

depending upon which year your gti is its either on the sad (supplementary air device) housing, under the distributor upto 1991, or in the rear of the head, 1991 on.

the terminal on the sensor is blue, not green like the one in the photo, its just a library picture.

mike

garygti

well mine is a 1990 g reg serrento green :ph34r:

where can i get a new one of these? and how do you know that this would be the problem?

Edited by garygti

garygti

right hears a update.......

changed that and still same so changed air flow meeter, fuel pump relay, dizzy cap and roter arm, leads, plugs and its still the same.

just a thought could the timeing slip on the roter arm causing it not to spark at right time?

grandos

The dizzy could be in the wrong place, (has elongated holes for adjustment) you'd need a timing light to check the ignition timing to check if its correct or not.

Could be an injector fault.

steve@cornwall
Blue Ecu temperature sender under the dizzy is faulty or disconnected

It's also quite common for the wiring spade connectors to push out the back of the plug when you push it home. The reason I'm still fixated on this being at the root of the problem is the fact that it will start with the fuel supply disabled. for the ignition timing to be far enough out to cause starting problems, I don't think it would be capable of revving to 6.5K. If you sniff the dipstick does the oil smell of petrol?

Sign in to follow this