• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest yabble

Vibrating Front Left

Guest yabble

Hi i have a 205 turbo diesel changed my driveshaft recently as it was bent, after fitting and driving around for a month i still wasent happy something was wrong. I later found my wishbone bushes had gone, so i replaced them and sorted one problem but i am still left with a vibrating noise, this only happens when accelerating at high speed. i cant notice it around town so much but when on a motorway its really noticeable.

i think its either the shaft bending due to the movement from the wishbone (it was quite bad) or the dif outer bearing. It nearside.

Hope someone can help

205wrc

Swap your wheels around from left to right to see if the right side will vibrate. Could well be a tyre that's gone out of shape or developed a bulge. Seen 2 cars in work lately that have been back to main dealers to change wheel bearings when in fact its been bulges on the tyres making a noise. Worth a shot and won't cost you a penny

richard

does it make a similar noise when decelerating (not braking though)

kyepan

also clean any muck off the insides of the wheels as this may throw the balance out too.. although it's odd you're only getting the vibration under acceleration, can you feel it through the gear stick too?

also are all the cv boots intact?

Rich_p

Are all the engine and gearbox mounts ok?

jeremy

You may also wanto to consider your TREs.

Sign in to follow this