• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr-Stoner

Possible Head Gasget

Guest Mr-Stoner

Hey guys just a quick post as i have my 205 in bits in the garden

here goes the story

on my way to work thismorning and i thought hmm my heaters aint getting warm

thought nothing of it and on my way home the heaters are going between hot and cold..

done a flush of the colling system a few weeks ago inti freeze and water change what can it be

Thermostat ?

heag gasget?

waterpump?

the car has only 82k on on it and i dont abuse it

1991 205 19. GTI

hope someone can help me out

Rippthrough

Better check there's no air in there first, easiest thing to check

Guest Mr-Stoner
Better check there's no air in there first, easiest thing to check

just been down to halfrauds and got a thermostat and i have fitted it seam's to be running normal now

been looking through pervious post's with similar problems and maybe i put to much coolant in when i did the change?

the facemeters are back to normal now so fingers crossed :(

pug309twin40s

i would say if your drianed the cooling system recently then youve got air trapped in the matrix part of the system.

Run the engine at idle with the expansion tank cap of and squeeze the hose leading to the matrix(the one with the bleed screw on it) and your proberbly find bubbles will appear in the expansion tank.

Do this until the cooling fan has cut in at least twice, then go for a drive and see if the heaters are any better. make sure expansion tank is topped up before going for a drive though.

ALEX

The quickest way to bleed the system I find is to remove each of the two bleed screws (one on the heater matrix pipe going through the bulkhead. & one on the stat housing) whilst blowing into the header tank covering the overflow hole in the bottle neck with a finger,

undo each bleed point untill a constant flow of coolant is coming out then tighten the dust cap / Allen screw by hand whilst still blowing.

Not a fun procedure but I find it the quickest.

Guest Mr-Stoner

Yeah it was an air lock lol

i guess i but a bit to much antifreeze in aswell but its all sorted now thank's for the replys

Guest srack

on the thermostat you've got a cover looks like the wheel nipples cover, open the water expansion tank, open that cover, the air will go out, wait until water comes out, than close it.

you're done. the air is gone.

Sign in to follow this