• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrainFluid

Healty Ignition.

Guest BrainFluid

What am I looking at replacing when it comes to a healty ignition system? Also which brands have good quality for sensible £££'s ? Off the top of my never updated an ignition system head before...Spark plug, distributor leads, coil anything else?

I'll be doing this because of the reccomendation that lpg needs a healthy ignition to reduce blowbacks.

I'm also going to put a diesel starter/alternator/battery on there as I have them handy and by all accounts its a good mod to do yes?

jackherer

ignition amplifier without a doubt.

Richie-Van-GTi

what about rotor and dizzy cap :)

Guest BrainFluid

Well, I am a total noob at ignition systems :)

Havent got the haynes manual up here to look at, shame because I aint ever even heard of an ignition amplifier! Sounds pretty crutial.

So. Spark plugs, leads, coil, rotor arm, dizzy cap, ignition amplifier...any thing else?

Will any of the old stuff have any resale value? or should I just keep hold of them for spares?

Guest BrainFluid

Ah...Hold on, is an ignition amplifier somthing you can add to the system?

Richie-Van-GTi

no its part of the gti system, if you have a round coil on the inner wing have a look under it for a black multiplug going into a flat black thing mounted on a metal plate. Thats the ignition amp.

pug_ham

Click here for a picture of an ignition module from a phase 2 car (like you Miami should be) its usually on the drivers inner wing / suspension turret.

Other than that all I can think of to check (which is a pain to replace) is the three pin plug (& lead) to the dizzy. It's screwed into the dizzy body & the plugs like to rust up stopping a spark.

Graham.

Guest BrainFluid

Lovely, thanks very much for that graham :angry:

Sign in to follow this