• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petert

Single Plenum Mi16

petert

I wrote in another thread recently, about a friend who was having his Mi16 engine rebuilt by a renowned engine builder in Adelaide. Some were skeptical, but I'm pleased to say that it makes a very creditable 240hp @ 8500 with a very linear power delivery. I don't know a lot about the build, other than it's 83.5mm x 88mm, 35.5mm inlet valves, standard rods and crank, shimless solid Catcams (grinds unknown), 4-1 exhaust and has a highly modified Mi16 inlet manifold fitted with a GM Commodore V6 single throttle body.

Edited by petert

welshpug

bow big is the single throttle body it uses?

petert

Most likely 64mm.

karoshi

Any details on the manifold mods? Interesting regarding road legal in Oz.

petert

All I know at this stage is that it was cut apart and trumpets added, etc. I suggested why not start with a GTi6 and he assures me it's way better than that.

• Like 1

karoshi

I've got one of those ;) and they have trumpets already!

There was a thread on 306gti6 re one cut apart, polished internally and welded back together with negative results. I think he cut the trumpets off though....can't find it at the moment.

Itb's seem like a safer bet....

welshpug

must be quite an inlet if it betters the gti6 one, what kind of duration and lift cams is he using? the 306 btcc cars were around that on a "standard" inlet.

petert

As said above, cams are unknown, other than brand. I do know it run Catcams single springs however.

James504

I am having trouble picturing this manifold. Would it be similar to a say a rb20/25 manifold with the trottle body in the middle of the plenum or like a rgz/rgx inlet where the trottle body morphs into 4 runners?

dsc00948tw4.jpg

kyepan

Nice one, would be interesting to see a graph for that!

petert

A picture of the manifold. Sorry, no x-rays but you can probably imagine what's inside.

post-2864-0-06000500-1345642909_thumb.jpg

mmt

How Big is the gti6 TB? 63mm?

Sign in to follow this