• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ahl

Where Could I Find Smoked Side Repeaters?

Ahl

Ive got the standard orange side repeaters on my graphite grey gti, but I wouldnt mind changing them for smoked 'clear-type' ones.

I dont want to smoke the originals and I dont want clear ones, but im having problems finding some at a decent enough price though.

Anyone know anywhere to get them?

NickR

Autofive sell them, www.autofive.co.uk

Im tempted to get some for my car.

Guest rodneyp

halfords sell smoked oval ones, universal fit though, however they do look really nice on black cars as a mate had them. I have the same ones, just clear. Im happy with them :rolleyes: ed

Pugnut

paul (prsuth) has them on his graphite grey motor . they dont half look good . just as good if not better than the oval ford ones .

Ahl

You reckon? Im not keen on the oval ones on the 205, but then most of the ones ive seen have been clear white looking things.

It'll end up as £26 or more getting them from autofive. A lot for a couple of bits of plastic if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Anywhere cheap for smoked squarish repeaters? I wouldnt mind if they arent pug, so long as they arent oval.

*edit* Is there the slightest chance that 106/306/saxo repeaters fit straight on?

Edited by Ahl

Guest turnip

Hi

Just had a quick look at the parts CD. Looks like the 106 and 306 (lights are rectangular in shape) have a similar base to the 205, BUT, they have a tab on the rear. There is a chance they will fit with a bit of manipulation and destruction :rolleyes:

The 405 side indicators appear to be compatible with the 205s (no suprise there...)

Cheers

Matt

Ahl

Cheers turnip.

Thats rather helpful. :rolleyes:

Ahl

I had a look at 106/306/Saxo indicators today. I don't know if they differ from the earlier to later models at all, but these ones had a long 'shallow' bit on one side, and a short 'tall' springy looking bit on the other.

Having looked at the original pug indicator (2 short shallow bits on either side) I decided that they wouldn't fit very easily! :D

Can anyone confirm to me that late 80's/early 90's Ford indicators are a direct fit? They look similar & im sure ive heard this before.

Any other suggestions appreciated! :)

Guest SuperFLY

im putting 106 repeaters on my pug this w/e

its not a big job.. break and sand off the raised parts and a bit of trim adhesive/tape sticks it on nicely

Ahl

That sounds pretty good. I never thought of using adhesive to stick them on. Will you being using any bit of the original bracket to hold them on at all?

Guest simmy

mini's!!!

tons of mini places stock em, n they aint expensive, rectangular shaped n in loadsa different tints, would've though u could get em on easy enough??

Ahl

Top plan my man! I'll check that out. ;)

Guest SuperFLY
That sounds pretty good. I never thought of using adhesive to stick them on. Will you being using any bit of the original bracket to hold them on at all?

nah.. most replacement repeaters are held on with adhesive only, only the direct replacements have any kind of clips.

just gotta make sure it sticks well ;)

Guest RichF

I've just ordered some square (original fitting) smoked ones, should get them by the weekend. If I don't like them then they'll be for sale, I'll try to take some pics of them fitted as well.

Ahl

Sounds good. Cheers. ;)

RichF
I've just ordered some square (original fitting) smoked ones, should get them by the weekend.  If I don't like them then they'll be for sale, I'll try to take some pics of them fitted as well.

Sorry, I forgot about this, anyway, here's a pic of my car with the square smoked repeaters fitted :

My Car

I think they look pretty good, but maybe it's because it's a black car ?

What do you think ?

Cheers,

Rich

Ahl

They look not bad rich, but after getting my ford ones ive been put right off the smoked repeaters. :(

These ones don't fit properly for a start. :(

They are too small and ive had to obtain and modify the smaller rubber repeater surrounds from a really old 205, in order to get them to look ok.

But they look too black for me. I thought they'd literally be smoked slightly, but these look like the normal repeaters with a s*it load of tinting spray applied to them. :(

Even though I didn't think I'd like them before, I think I'll try to get hold of some clear standard size repeaters at some point.

Anyone want a pair of cheap smoked ford side repeaters? :D:(

Veero

Same boat here...

I bought some clear side repeaters for a 106/306 off Ebay the other day on the off chance oit would fit my 205. not even close. The bracket on the back of the repeater was totally different and it didnt even cover up the hole. :(

Still I put them up on Ebay again and someone hit the "Buy It Now" button within 3 hours :D

Nice idea about the Mini ones, think Ill investigate....

RichF

The ones I got from Autofive were exactly the same as the original fitting i.e. a 45 degree twist is required to lock/unlock them, they also come with new rubbers.

It's only the outer shell that's smoked, the inner bit is orange so you don't need to buy orange bulbs or anything.

Autofive also sell original fitting clear square repeaters :D (I think that richt got some from Halfrauds)

Edited by RichF

Sign in to follow this