• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave

I Found A Secret Hidden Switch On My Car!

C_W
i always have mine turned right up, makes the light look all weak as if it's not working properly when it's turned down.

Yeah if on dimmer settings it always makes me worry for a second that the alternator has gone!!

RichA

I didn't know they had one! Just today I pulled out the instrument cluster hunting for the two blown bulbs on the far right hand side... but didn't find them.

Then I read this, move the dimmer switch, and everything is glorious. Bah... :rolleyes:

--Rich

('87 1.9GTi)

TaffyTim

I dont have 1 on my 1992 1.9................only joking of course i have, tricky lil bugger to discover though :)

Guest Al-2

yeah, unsurprisingly my '87 1.9 has one :) I keep it turned down at night so as not to compromise my night vision - swaping the bulbs for deep red LEDs would sort this.

Neosophist

Used to use it when I had green dials, how do people stand them!! The green burns your eyeballs out at full volume at night.

Switched to a set of dials that glow white now from a 309, much easier on the eyes for me.

Regs,

Martin.

Deadliest Pug

Doesn't the 205 have an auto dash light dimmer anyway?

Dave!

Butler

I haven't spotted my switch yet. I'll have a look.

d-9

when i was living in the forest of dean over the summer i used it every drive home from work, as i started off in bright city lights where i needed it turned up full so i could see the dials, then went through some tiny lanes, where i turned it right down so it didnt distract from the roads.

RichF
I had the lower section of dashboard out to fit a new speedo cable when I noticed a roller switch on the bottom of the steering column cowling, right at the back. It dims the instrument panel illumination.

Ive never noticed this on any other pug, do they all have it?

Does that help tom ?

Guest tom

i really shouldnt post when ive JUST got up, what i meant was if you've got it is it easy to find?or is it a bit of a mission?!

cheers + apologies!

Tom

RichF

B)

It's easy to find, just look on the cowling underneath the steering column, you'll find a small black roller. Or to put it another way, it's above your left knee :lol:

canardo

I got one 92 1.6 never use it though

Sign in to follow this