• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

j_turnell

[Car_Upgrade] Stdt Now With A Few More Horses.

j_turnell

The boost was still climbing and it was already making 10psi. It was done purely to help improve engine life, as it is an untouched stock engine, all be it a low mileage one.

welshpug

did you get a graph for the torque?

10 psi is a bit much for low boost, they're meant to do 8.5 iirc,

j_turnell

Yeah, I posted it already. I was under the impression 6-7psi is the max I'd see. Its running the stock restrictor in the throttle body so who knows and afaik all the pulleys are the stock size.

welshpug

i believe there are a few different restrictor rings about.

Alastairh

Looks good mate. Free at the weekend for a ride? :D

Edited by Alastairh

bazil_205gti

I have all the size restrictor rings if needed mate as I went to high boost, also have a forge intercooler that I mounted in the same position as you as I lowered my slim line rad also same as you mate.

j_turnell

I have all the size restrictor rings if needed mate as I went to high boost, also have a forge intercooler that I mounted in the same position as you as I lowered my slim line rad also same as you mate.

What boost were you making on low boost? I'm just unsure if 10psi is a safe level to be at...

• Like 1

welshpug

if its mapped for it I doubt you'll have issues, though your ecu wont adjust or pull back timing if it starts pinging, so its up to you to save it!

that's the bonus of the oem ecu, its far more advanced than most lower end aftermarket ecu's even though its 25+ year old technology.

j_turnell

The only bonus I think. The fueling was spot on throughout and a knock box used throughout and all was good. Aired on the side of caution with ignition.

bazil_205gti

I was running about 10psi but the engine was already built low compression with forged parts so didn't matter plus running mbe management. But it wasn't long before I done away with the restrictors

bazil_205gti

This was low boost versus high but the engine is at 8:1 comp ratio incase I want to go super high boost in future hence why its not making 350plus

post-15003-0-78896200-1486741822_thumb.jpg

j_turnell

Pretty similar figures to mine then. What's it like to drive on high boost? Traction ok? I'm still getting good traction unless i fully launch in 1st and 2nd. I find 3rd is where you notice the gains. Do you have an LSD?

bazil_205gti

Traction is fine like you you say 1st isnt great but puts power down in every other gear, im running the mi16 box with a quaife lsd I guess because its progressive it puts it down a so well

bazil_205gti

post-15003-0-04845600-1486748018_thumb.jpg

this was the inter cooler was running worked very well for low boost :)

j_turnell

Same as me then I'm also using a quaife and a xsara vts box. Intercooler is very similar to the Sierra Cossie one I'm using and seems to work pretty well also. Only difference is the Cossie cooler is deeper and yours is taller. Probably the same capacity. :)

• Like 1