• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Roon

Track N Road

Roon

Hello chaps

Just after some worldly advice really.

Just got my 205 Gti6 upgraded to Jenvey 45 throttle bodies with omex 600 ecu. Currently just on a base map

I know Wayne @chipwizard knows these engines well and comes highly recommended but he is literally the opposite end of the country from myself. Would be a weekend effort with a friend just to get it there and back if it all went to plan! And not that comfortable driving it that far and trailering is not really a viable option.

The only other company I know that really knows there stuff is Track n road near London. Within 2 hours of my home.

My setup is near standard tbf only engine mod is a set of peterT camshafts stage 1 and a peformance manifold. These are on standard timing currently.

Now would track n road be able to time these to their specification without trouble as I know Wayne would. Worst case I would be able to get RichW to if they cannot. Would they be play about with the timing to get the sweet spot...

What's people thoughts experience and knowledge?

Many thanks paul.

Simes

Isn't there a guy in Portsmouth - ask Miles.

You need someone who knows the Omex more than anything else.

dcc

Sandy Brown is worth more than a visit!

SweetBadger

I was impressed with the guys at track n road - my old MI on bodies & cams (mapped on DTA) drove really well, and the cold start mapping was spot on - would start on the first turn of the key with no throttle even in the depths of winter. I have no problems giving them my recommendation for the mapping, they are however relatively expensive, and they didn't want to check or play with the cam timing on my engine as part of the mapping.

Sandy Brown is also excellent and is well worth the trip down to Devon, he goes above and beyond what you'd expect from a mapping session and is very helpful setting up the car, trouble shooting, etc... He was happy to check and adjust the cam timing on my engine when he mapped it. For the price of getting your car mapped at Track-n-Road you could probably get your car shipped down to Devon (i.e. using shiply), mapped by Sandy and then drive it back! I think Sandy prefers DTA - you'd have to check with him about mapping on Omex.

Roon

Not sure nearby only half decent mapper I know in Portsmouth is JKM.

Yeah heard they were pricey but I suppose you pay for what you get. And being a lot closer save the difference in fuel probably. I had a feeling they wouldn't want to start playing with the timing.That's good to know I had a mapped car before and would never start cold and troublesome when hot.

I have heard really excellent things about sandy brown and how busy he can be given his reputation. He's probably just as far as chip wizard but could make a weekend of it being it's in sunny Devon. Certainly a more appealing road trip.

Does anyone know how best to contact sandy only seems to have a Facebook account which I don't use lol. But the Mrs does. And any rough idea what he charges for a full mapping session?

welshpug

I believe its still 300 if at SRD in Launceston or 350 at ARM BMW a bit further into Cornwall, you'll get a graph at ARM but not SRD.

Neil at srd makes a cracking cup of tea though.